Skip to main content

International AR-110 Ute

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138689 by grahamjb
Good to see consensus for the whitewalls :) and I will post up an in situ photo for you atkipete in a few days time. I have to rebuild the M/C and make new brake lines first.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138690 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Hmmmm...I don't usually go for "wide whites", but in this case I reckon they look right. Go for it. They'll grow on your family :D

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138691 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
I guess you're using real white walls not those flappers that get locked in between the tyre and the rim?

My opinion on the flappers is they are dangerous. My XP ute had them when I brought it in 1999. Within months they had worn the sidewalls of the tyres out as the flappers don't flex at the same rate as the tyre. I had one blow out at speed and the second in the driveway of the tyre shop a day later when dropping the original burst tyre off for replacement. I ended up putting new tyres on all round without the flappers as all the sidewalls were damaged!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138692 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
I say whitewalls as well.

Not 100% sure they will suit your wheels, as they look very good on that chrome rim with hubcap.

Perhaps when you have caps on your wheels it will all fall into place.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138693 by Desotodav
I like the whitewalls as well. They take a little more time to care for, but well worth it in my mind.
I'll be running 2 sets of tyres on my coupe truck - radials for longer distance runs and ply whitewalls for shows.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138694 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Graham

Gudday M8

Ifn the tribe dun like the whitwalls
I can suggest U drive it East
Leave it in me drive way
n eye'll give U a lift to the local airport or train station 4 U to hed home

there iz also an option to have paint on whitewalls eye did C @ a swap meet sum years ago

B darin have red or Blu sidewalls

www.rangerpaint.com/pages/how-it-works

LOL

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #138695 by grahamjb
Thanks fellas and yes they are real white walls - not cheap at just under $500 per tyre but they really do look good in the flesh.
Swishy - I did consider painted rims with a chrome hubcap and trim rings but the chrome rims were preferred by the wife and the offset on the chrome rims suits me better. I also looked at the thin whitewalls but they didn't look right hence the BF Goodrich radial whitewall tyres. Thanks for the offer of using your driveway to park the ute in but I reckon Bobsboy might grab it on the way over ;D

I knocked off work at lunchtime today and made up some new brake lines and overhauled the M/C - I have made the lines a bit longer than necessary so I can fit a Jag 9" booster in case the 7" dual diaphragm is crap (based on a mates experience). So why I haven't I fitted a 9" booster....it is because the brake pedal to booster shaft will not line up to the wider booster meaning I will have to modify the brake pedal and offset it by at least 25mm which is too hard at the moment.

The next job is to make up the lines that go between the M/C and remote reservoir using the old brake lines and some flexible rubber.

GB

Bending up the new rear brake line
[IMG

New Booster and master cylinder in place
[IMG

[IMG
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by grahamjb.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138696 by atkipete
Thanks Graham, a really neat job there.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138697 by Bobsboy
Hi,

I resemble that ;D

-b

Mucking about on the edge

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138698 by grahamjb
Made up the remote reservoir mounting bracket after work today and started on the remote fill lines between the M/C and the remote reservoir which are more work than expected.....I wish I had a hoist...

[IMG

Time to create page: 0.683 seconds