Skip to main content

Sydney Old Hume Highway Road Run - Haulin The Hume

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #45107 by Scummy
Nth bound Bendooleys .

Nth Bound Bendooleys .

Sth Bound Bendooleys.

Old Ampol truckstop Nth bound side beside old weighbridge .

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Scummy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #45108 by
watch out scummy.. you're bringin' a tear to a not so old blokes eye.....

More
12 years 8 months ago #45109 by Scummy
Sorry mate , but this has to be done . :o

More
12 years 8 months ago #45110 by Scummy
Check ya speed sth bound , one in bookham !

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #45111 by
the rises and descents on that lovely old road could tell another tale of diff whines, tyre roar, jakes or williams brakes on and off, missed gearshifts, kids in bed listening to the notes of their favorite jigger they know that goes past while mum and dad reckon they're asleep, 8 71's 250's and 903's idling, old girls struggling with freight that all of a sudden made their owners realise that their rigs are just not up to scratch, with what happens with the march of time and all the while you've gotta keep the freight movin'....truckies are proud, quiet men... lets hope this occasion commemorates and documents these types.

More
12 years 8 months ago #45112 by Speedy
Seen a white Atkinson with a lime green stripe bob tail being bagged up by an ol red Kenworth tipper on the Hume northbound, just below Wodonga before lunch this morn. Anyone from on here?n Should be a good weekender away

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 8 months ago #45113 by Swishy

Speedy
Gudday M8

RE: the Big A

Could it look like this jiggr

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1300269265

Cya
[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 8 months ago #45114 by Speedy
I reckon thats the one Swish, your good haha Only caught a glimpse of it before she gotta hidden by that red, spode I'll find out Saturday sometime

More
12 years 8 months ago #45115 by Cunning Stunt
Hi Trev

I understand what you're saying but we can't help the changes we had to make over the past eight weeks due to the size. We had to satisfy the RTA and friendly law enforcement officers and due to the number of starters we had no choice but to head them off earlier.

It'll probably be 7:15 when they start to go in groups of 10 or so but I'm sure half of the entrants will be there by then so shouldn't be too bad. I had to produce traffic contingency plans, contact details, communication sheets and breakdown plans in the last week so it hasn't been easy. With any luck not too many people will be offended by the earlier start but going on the positive response from the media and potential onlookers I think it'll be well received

Some play hard to get

More
12 years 8 months ago #45116 by HeyCharger
I think it is a timely reminder to thank the organisers for what I see as a mammoth task. It is also time for US to be flexble (pun on the Clippers :D) and allow ourselves to be subject to any changes these guys ask.
It's going to be a safe and fun weekend that requires co-operation from all. Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds