Skip to main content

Sydney Old Hume Highway Road Run - Haulin The Hume

12 years 8 months ago #45117 by
Bruce

I have to agree with Rod i think you have done a bloody fantastic job organizing something that started of as a few friends driving the old hume and has now turned into something that everyone wants to be involved in, Hope everything goes off like clock work and YOU get to enjoy the run as well.
Cant wait to see some of the pictures that are going to come out of this and also to listen to my Old man when he gets back and starts talking about the trip.

Trevor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #45118 by tim
Trevor, I could'nt agree more. Talking to Bruce on Wednesday night & it will be an experience of a life time for all involved. To all the people involved in putting the run together, Thank You All so very much. Without you, our interest ( old bangers etc.)would be much less enjoyable. May it all go well, the powers that be leave all alone,& everyone have a memorable time. Cheers Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
12 years 8 months ago #45119 by truckit
Well I agree with you all, the organisers have acheived a great job, this has been a mamoth task for the organisers, it will go well as a lot of work has gone into it, and all involved will have a great time.
I will be somewhere along the way taking pictures and enjoying the old bangers and their passionate drivers, as will be many other road side spectators. I hope the weather is good and that everyone has a great time. Thanks to the locals and interstaters for making this a day to remember. All law enforcing officers will also enjoy seeing the run go well, to all the drivers thak it easy and keep it safe.
Looking forward to tomorrow, as it is a big day to us all.

Best of luck
Charlie

D.H.B.&&Doing His Best

12 years 8 months ago #45120 by
Good luck all you lucky guys on this run! Wish I could be their.

Best wish for the organisers. looks like everything is in place for a great run!

Can't wait for the pic's and storys. Would also be intersted in the stat's after the event also. Such as how many trucks, buses and others :D go on the run. And would also be cool to find out where the furthest truck travelled from.

But all the best for a great time!

More
12 years 8 months ago #45121 by Andy Wright
I think furthest truck will be Bob Sutcliffe from Boyup Brook, WA.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

12 years 8 months ago #45122 by
Just had a call from Dad he said there is trucks of all ages and descriptions and they are parked everywhere, trip has not got started yet (7.45am and trucks are still rolling in.
Sounds like it is going to be one real good run.

Trevor

More
12 years 8 months ago #45123 by busntruck
It all went well with the hume run this morning, lots of great/interesting vehicles and smiling faces.
Well done to the organisers and all participants. :)

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
12 years 8 months ago #45124 by tim
I figure all we need now are the Photo's to start coming on line. I know I'm getting toey. ;D ;D ;D

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #45125 by bparo
you guys want the photos up before the poor photographer has time to get the camera out to take the shot! :o :D :D

Having said that my disappointment was not being able to go on the run and take my own!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by bparo.

11 years 3 months ago #45126 by
Hello all.

This old thread gets a mention at the Telegraph, blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblai...salad_or_vegetables/

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds