Skip to main content

the c line resto

More
11 years 2 months ago #94117 by v8 inter nut
Replied by v8 inter nut on topic Re: the c line resto
no glass yet tomorrow they tell me but we have started putting the dash in, steering wheel, dash all painted will try my best at some wiring over the next few days. also strated bolting all the stuff onto the firewall

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #94118 by
Replied by on topic Re: the c line resto
The constant updates and progress reports you have made to this forum is a real credit to you.This is such a valuable contribution where even a novice could appreciate the work involved in restoring an old truck as you have chosen to share the whole process involved from start to finish.

Look after the little V Cummins and find a good cruisin speed of about 2800rpm.For some stupid reason Cummins governed these engines along with the 555 to 3300rpm and wondered why they had problems.Any decent driver knew to reduce the rpm or they changed the diff ratio and put a 13 overdrive and they would last.(Or they were smart enough to buy the right engine for the application which was a 903)

Looking forward to further updates!!

Cheers Jim

More
11 years 2 months ago #94119 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: the c line resto
Looking very noice. Good effort.

Dennis

More
11 years 2 months ago #94120 by MMKNJL
Replied by MMKNJL on topic Re: the c line resto
V8IN
Lookin real good and loven the updates, did you paint the steering wheel yourself?
Cheers Max

Max

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #94121 by v8 inter nut

V8IN
Lookin real good and loven the updates, did you paint the steering wheel yourself?
Cheers Max

Hi max yep I filled in the cracks with devcon sanded it preped it with plastic primer, then normal primer followed by colour and then clear coat. It looks allright cost me $40 better then the $600 I got quoted. At this stage in the build I'm going to have to save as much as I can :-/
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by v8 inter nut.

More
11 years 2 months ago #94122 by 700GMRR
Replied by 700GMRR on topic Re: the c line resto
that is going to be one awesome truck, it is inspiring to follow your thread and the effort you are putting in

More
11 years 2 months ago #94123 by 67mustang
Replied by 67mustang on topic Re: the c line resto
V8

Looking real nice, have you used the old loom? The plugs thru the firewall look new?

More
11 years 2 months ago #94124 by v8 inter nut
67 it is the old loom its in good nick and will only need a bit of cosmetic work when its in

More
11 years 2 months ago #94125 by dirty wheels
Replied by dirty wheels on topic Re: the c line resto
Awesome looking truck, credit to you and your team and the time you are putting in.

Like Slo said, don't rush it, you will be glad you didn't at the other end.

DW ;)

And remember

More
11 years 2 months ago #94126 by v8 inter nut
while all you jokers are showing all your trucks off at the shows some of us are still working on ours heres a pic with the visor on and we have started on the sound deadner in the cab

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds