Skip to main content

Selling Inter 564 complete or wrecking

More
10 years 2 months ago #138300 by Sarge
OK youse blokes, I have been procrastinating long enough, time to bite the bullet and get this poor old girl out of my shed so the Chamberlain can get in.

Warts and all...

I have had her 30 years, and busted her with my own stupidity. New Rebuilt, Injector pump, did about two hours when one of the retaining bolts let go. No lock tabs and not done up tight enough.

Most of the timing gears have lost at least part of a tooth.
[IMG

offending bolt, pump drive and front seal bits.
[IMG

Pump still in place, not damaged. (cost $1200 to get done up)
[IMG

Best option would be full rebuild as crank needs to come out to replace the drive cog (or boil in oil and freeze the crank to slide one on) :o

She has glazed up as can be seen around the exhaust manifold, does not smoke but drips oil.

[IMG

Has proper 564 seat but upholstery required.

[IMG

Tyres... yep got some... no water, just weights, wont fit the chamberlain...
[IMG

[IMG

plenty of sun cracks...

Rear wheel seals need regular greasing.... been nearly 12 months since I pushed her back in the shed, thinking I could fix it all in a day or two... (you have not met my wife have you :( :-? :-[ :'(....

[IMG

Starter motor works fine rebuilt for me some years ago
[IMG

electrics??? Either the genny or reg is out of whack so I disconnected them.

Belt Pully....never fitted it, have to shift the battery box...
[IMG

Remote Hydraulics, 3point linkage and swinging draw bar, (spare swing DB with roller also)

[IMG

Radiator, re-cored by Bendigo Radiators, for $700, done about 10 hours since, metric core, needed to be squeezed (by him) into the front clip so the bonnet would line up.

[IMG

office position...

[IMG

I pull a 21 tyne scari or combine (easily)each year doing a massive 10 or 20 acres, then cut rake & bale a bit of hay... hobby tractor on a hobby farm for 30 years, was a contractors primary tractor around Gisborne when I bought it. Glow plugs, one not working, can't get it out, I have a new one to go in. PTO & Hydraulics/Pwr Steer are good. I think that is it, warts & all. Did a head gasket (water into one pot while having lunch) 10 or 15 years ago. Used to go like a tractor should right up until... :'( :'( :'(

As a whole... $1500... may be able to deliver... loading :o ??? will have to think about that.

Parts.... make an offer.
Send a PM, include your phone number if you want to chat, crap mobile service where I am, and I have to in the house to answer the land line...no phone in the shed... ;)

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #138301 by greenie
WOW Sarge, you would never make a used car salesman, your description is far too bloody honest,
now that does make a refreshing change, eh. ::) ::) ::)

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #138302 by Bobsboy
Wow from me too.
Pictures, price and location.
Most refreshing indeed ! !
-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Bobsboy.

More
10 years 2 months ago #138303 by dieseldog
Sarge, that's a minor mishap, I'd be tempted to replace the gears and keep the old girl chugging... After 30 years I reckon she'd be part of the family.

More
10 years 2 months ago #138304 by Sarge
DD you missed the bit about my wife....
she said " I didnt buy a you nice yella chamberlain to have you mucking around in the shed for months playing with that old tractor when you could be doing jobs for me" .... :'(

Blessed are the peacemakers 8-) 8-)

so best bet to get her off to a new home (Tractor not wife) is to be upfront. Got an old cow I need to get rid of next (no not the wife)... Pedigree Jersey 10 years old, been barren for 3 years... Nice to look at, quiet, well behaved...

/me

Sarge B)

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #138305 by dieseldog
Ha ha! Fair enough, I must be blessed that my better half has come to appreciate all things old and rusty...

But when times are tough, and no means no, you can always give her flowers with one hand, while hiding those parts behind your back with the other. ::)

My granddad, the wise old man he is, taught me that "It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission."
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by dieseldog.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #138306 by bparo
We looked at a house in Bendigo on 2 blocks my wife wouldn't let me buy. House and garage on one street, 2nd block with entry from street behind straight into a very large shed not visible from the house.! She wants to see what I am bringing home!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bparo.

More
10 years 2 months ago #138307 by harpo

Ha ha! Fair enough, I must be blessed that my better half has come to appreciate all things old and rusty...

But when times are tough, and no means no, you can always give her flowers with one hand, while hiding those parts behind your back with the other. ::)

My granddad, the wise old man he is, taught me that "It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission."

I must say my wife has also learnt to appreciate all the Stuff in my shed, but every now and then after about 6 or 7 swap meets, or clearance sales she will ask where did that come from? I treply Ive had it for ages, and she just gives me a strange look and goes back inside. Maybe I am blessed with a good one. :)

d.l.marks&&( harpo)&&     on&&LA SNAIL -(69 beddie)&&&

10 years 2 months ago #138308 by

My granddad, the wise old man he is, taught me that "It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission."[/quote

...still laughing about that sage comment there diesel .. my only problem is that my grandad's been gone for ages and dear old Dad carked it about 35 years ago :'( :'(

...i guess i'll always be accidentally stepping on land mines...so my sons can learn...... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
10 years 2 months ago #138309 by Sarge
Please, don't misunderstand me, I've got a goodun, and she always will be, I've been allowed to accumulate a fair collection of stuff, I just gotta do as I am told... :-X

And I really have had it/them/this for a long time, ages, years, and it was free... ;)

/me

Sarge B)

Time to create page: 0.557 seconds