Skip to main content

Search Results (Searched for: )

22 Apr 2011 06:24
Replied by ronhorse on topic odd pics

The halfway mark between Alice and Darwin, my future wife on the right
Have to be very old to remember this sign!!!!!
22 Apr 2011 06:19

A Canadian Leyland, Inter cab, 175 horse, neat looking truck.
22 Apr 2011 06:16

A Rolls-Royce Merlin v/12, what a machine!!!
22 Apr 2011 06:12
odd pics was created by ronhorse

Has anyone seen this vehicle? what a wonderful piece of work, should be in a museum, a real classic of Oz engenuity.
22 Apr 2011 06:07
Replied by ronhorse on topic Ration tickets
What a great find, thanks for sharing, and in such good nick, bet you couldn't believe it, thanks onetrack for filling us in, I remember we couldn't get tyres for our bikes because we didn't live QUITE 3 miles from the school!!!
16 Apr 2011 21:10
Replied by ronhorse on topic Transport Hall of Fame

Realising that we were not using the 115 hp Gardner to it's full potential we assembled a "quad", no jake brake, no air brake, no brakes? had to keep extra weight over the drive as they tended to slip on the steep jumpup's, so damn steep you could hardly walk up them, had to break it up on the bad ones. couldn't risk it.
16 Apr 2011 21:00

Thanks swishy for the kind words, you guys are doing the same thing only with different gear, not that I am envious :'( On this maiden trip my mate and I thought we were cool dudes! showing off this "big' rig, everyone else had ex-army Ford's and Chevies, couldn't find a left screeen so made do.
16 Apr 2011 05:14

This truck was to take over the heavy road train work to aid the 5LW Gardner high speed "bullet" express truck which had been through the wind tunnel for modifications to the bodywork (actually a bunch of cattle ;D) used for perishables and roadside mail, not speed limited ;)
16 Apr 2011 05:05

Ernie left, Rex right, trial run with the BRAND NEW Gardner to see if it all worked, went bach to the garage and painted it Hawthorn green with a 4 inch paintbrush ::)
16 Apr 2011 05:00

Thanks swishy for putting up the website for the Alice museum, saw it when it first started, haven't been since, sounds like a big operation now. By mistake my name was put up there on the wall, not sure which wall!!l ;D Was going to get it taken off but there are good pictures of my best mates Ernie Warner and Rex Farmilo, they still have kids in the Alice so thought they would like them up there so left it alone, don't rock the boat ;)
12 Apr 2011 10:19
Replied by ronhorse on topic Hay Cartin'

The 3 trailers reminds me of when I was haulin' 3 dogs out West ;D
12 Apr 2011 10:02
Replied by ronhorse on topic Tennant,Isa mail run
12 Apr 2011 10:00

This coach, a 1946 KS5 Inter we bought of Reg Ansett, re-engined it with a 4LK Gardner diesel, had 5 position seats! 8-)
12 Apr 2011 09:56

This Maple Leaf was a bit more comfortable but had a habit of stripping the timing gear, was not metal, which was fun in the middle of the Barkley :'(
12 Apr 2011 09:51

This D model Inter was used before the war between Tennant Creek and Mt Isa up until the military took over all mail deiveries in the N.T. Bit like the "modern" quad cab utes.
Displaying 631 - 645 out of 854 results.
Time to create page: 1.288 seconds