Skip to main content

Rebuild of AT4114

More
10 years 7 months ago #125633 by AT4114
Rebuild of AT4114 was created by AT4114
This is my first post,I just bought this little dodge with the intention of it being my daily driver. The vehicle came from western NSW. It's rough, but no rust apart from the front floors. Mechanically it will need a suspension rebuild brakes etc. the slant six engine has been replaced witha Perkins diesel 4/203 which is being sold to make way for a 318 auto. I am going to try and upload some photos shortly. Regards Bryant.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125634 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: Rebuild of AT4114
Nice old bus you have there, Bryant. Good way to start here too; we love pictures! (possibly if you could re-size them would be even better) :)

Welcome to the forum, ASW. (Jarrod)

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 7 months ago #125635 by AT4114
Replied by AT4114 on topic Re: Rebuild of AT4114
Thanks for the tip jarrod will re size when I post more progress photos :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #125636 by Backyard Fixer
Yer i'd get rid of a perkins. There is nothing wrong with a slant.

Hard working Christian father of three.&&1964 AP5 Valiant restored daily driver.&&19

More
10 years 7 months ago #125637 by AT4114
Hi backyard if the slant was still in the truck I'd be more than happy to leave it my wife's old Vc valiant had one great motor . By the way I have been following the progress of your tipper very nice unit great job cheers Bryant

More
10 years 7 months ago #125638 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Re: Rebuild of AT4114
There is only 2 things wrong with the perkins and the slant, they are missing 2 cylinders, if it isn't V8 it should be used as a door stop or a boat anchor.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125639 by AT4114
Hey 600 the perkins is not my cup of tea I could probably walk faster .im hearing ya about the v8 I think a 318 on gas is the way to go cheers mate

More
10 years 7 months ago #125640 by AT4114
Well I got started one the dodge today my plan is to have the chassis sand blasted . So today my son and I unbolted the tray off the back which will make way for a more nicer looking steel tray wich I'll buy second hand something not as wide and with sides so a can make a tonneaue cover for . Anyway had a good mate of mine come over with his truck and lift the tray off thanks mate . I've also taken the front bar off next weekend I'll be taking all the front sheet metal off and preparing the cab to be lifted off as well if any ones got any hints about taking the cab off feel free to let me know :D :Da

More
10 years 7 months ago #125641 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Rebuild of AT4114
let me guess you have a thing for hemi's hey? dont no much about lifting cabs off think some use a plank or something like that with plenty of padding thru the door openings but have never done it to a dodge before v8 inter would be the one to know good luck
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 7 months ago #125642 by AT4114
Thanks Paul yes I have my parents to thank for my valiant addiction as they would buy them new my 73 year old mother still drives her V8 regal that was the last new car she brought lol :) thanks for the tip as far as lifting the cab goes might have to ask V8 inter :)

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds