Skip to main content

Rebuild of AT4114

More
10 years 6 months ago #125663 by AT4114
Replied by AT4114 on topic Re: Rebuild of AT4114
Thanks trucksyd looking forward to getting paint on the rear end cheers Bryant :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #125664 by AT4114
Just a quick up date the shackel pins arrived but they were not the correct style :'( so I'm having them made $65 each hopefully will have the dodge back on wheels soon :) had a new set of U bolts made at Canberra truck align top people to deal with :) so this Saturday I started to paint up the rims for the dodge I'm not running at4 rims I've decided to run 16inch D5N split rims as I think the hubcaps are nicer looking than the small AT4 ones cheers Bryant :)

http://i.imgur.com/5GjvjC6.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/AtQvFiS.jpg?1
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by AT4114.

More
10 years 6 months ago #125665 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Re: Rebuild of AT4114
Good work, when you are scuffing back a chassis you are thankful for a short wheelbase truck, my next one has 24ft of rail behind the cab, you don't want to rub it back for me do you?

More
10 years 6 months ago #125666 by AT4114
Hey dodge600 mate just scuffing the little dodges rails was a dirty crappy job but 24ft mate BIG JOB mate I'd love to help but I've got to get my hair done lol ;D ;D ;D cheers mate :)

More
10 years 6 months ago #125667 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Rebuild of AT4114
AT4114, is that a red oxide primer you're using on the rims? Is that straight over the scrub/brush/sand prep or did you do a rust converter as well?

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
10 years 6 months ago #125668 by AT4114
Hey Bugly with the wheels I stripped them back with a cup wire brush on a 4 inch angle used rust converter then buffed it off again then used red oxide primer and a top coat of acrylic silver they came out looking nice I'm very happy with them :) cheers Bryant

More
10 years 6 months ago #125669 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Rebuild of AT4114

Hey Bugly with the wheels I stripped them back with a cup wire brush on a 4 inch angle used rust converter then buffed it off again then used red oxide primer and a top coat of acrylic silver they came out looking nice I'm very happy with them :) cheers Bryant

Thanks Bryant, I'll use that strategy as well on the Dennis and the Fordson pickup. ;)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
10 years 6 months ago #125670 by AT4114
Made some progress today primed up the rear chassis rails this now means all the rear end components are primed ready for a coat of satin black fingers crossed will paint color next weekend :) just a quick question if anybody knows would a D5N 200 diff bolt up as my old AT4 handbrake setup is on the rear of the manual gearbox and the D5N unit runs a handbrake setup on the diff as I want to run a 318 auto .The diff I'm looking at is out of an ambulance would it have a high ratio diff ??? :o cheers Bryant :)

http://i.imgur.com/LRL64bO.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/WzITQwI.jpg?2

More
10 years 6 months ago #125671 by clute
Replied by clute on topic Re: Rebuild of AT4114
Hi Bryant, trucks looking good,nice work. Give Colin a call about parts,he should be able to help you.
Slightly off topic,-I can't believe the number of photos on this site with Valiants in the background. Just how many Chrysler people are on here?

Cheers Bruce---clute---cl-ute. :)

"If it aint broke

More
10 years 6 months ago #125672 by AT4114
Hi Bruce I think your on to something I have also noticed the amount of chrysler/ valiant cars in the background of our fellow truck enthusiasts not that I'm a sticky beak ;D ;D Thanks for the comments on the old dodge and yes I will be annoying Collin for a few bits for the old girl cheers Bryant :)

Time to create page: 0.605 seconds