Skip to main content

Commers with Knockers...

More
8 years 8 months ago #158366 by Kav
Replied by Kav on topic Re: Commers with Knockers...
Hey Defective - You let the cat out of the bag with that last post . What was the second Commer you got ????-Kav

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #158367 by defective
Hi Kav .. the fella up there had a 1962 CA knocker as well, so a deal was struck on the pair. The CA will probably move on to the next bloke...Cheers

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #158368 by defective
...great news fellas .. was looking for a LH door for the 1955 Knocker, and fell over an absolute treasure!! :o :o...

...a genuine Aussie delivered 1948 QX R741 model with its original engine and all the unique features that made these particular ones an interesting unit...including the cubby (glovebox) door hinges (no lids these days though), unequal length rubber mudguard strips surrounding the Lucas park light, third and fourth quarter 1947 glass (except for the rear light ..first quarter 1948), Lucas "cats eyes" headlights and above all.... its ch/no's and plates intact and proper!!

... with rated capacity of 24,640 pounds....what a rig !!

...pics to follow...Cheers fellas
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by defective.

More
8 years 8 months ago #158369 by defective

More
8 years 8 months ago #158370 by Bitsa
Replied by Bitsa on topic Re: Commers with Knockers...
Gr8 Photo's Defective. That google photos looks a lot better than photobucket, How do you find it?, i'll have to look into it.
Cheers
Alistair

1990NKR Isuzu&&1974 D1310 4x4&&195? Chamberlain Dere Backhoe&&743B Bobcat&am

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #158371 by defective
... i dunno how bitsa .. i got my youngest son to do it, and now he's shot through 'till God knows when ....

...the best bit is, you can zoom in on some great details with this set up 8-)

More
8 years 8 months ago #158372 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: Commers with Knockers...
G'day Phil, what's with the sudden passion for Commer Knockers?

They don't really fit in with the others in the "palace"

Cheers Geoff

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #158373 by defective
Hi Geoff .. it's all to do with enjoying a new set of discoveries and not feeling compelled to "do something" with these bigger Aussie brothers of American origin. I've always loved the mid 1950's forward control Commers and their rising popularity means there's plenty of info out there to enjoy and digest. I'm getting older and do not want to commit to any sort of full blown "correct" resto on the bigger stuff. The way the industry is, and the way I'm feeling right now, there's just too many headwinds to contend with on the work front. What other options do I have?...a fancy lash up with chrome, drop visors, Texas bumpers, 10" exhausts and mural paint...utterly and completely at odds with how our earliest American/Aussie configured Peterbilts and Kenworths went to work and battled it out till they were just about buggered.....

...Collecting good and rare old trucks is fun...they are literally only original once...... the light doesn't shine that severely on the humble old Commer.... and that's exactly where I want to be....Cheers mate

More
8 years 8 months ago #158374 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: Commers with Knockers...
Fair enough Phil...whatever is your wish. I have become disillusioned with some chrome work I've had done recently, and some new chrome mudguard rails had rust pits too soon after I bought them. I may well just two pack silver-alloy colour some of that stuff when the cab swap gets under way sometime reasonably soon.

Looking around at the truck show in Alice today and most of the original condition old girls were pretty basic and built to work. Some had nice paint jobs and line n scroll work when they were younger but not a lot of chrome.

Cheers Geoff

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #158375 by overnite
U

Hi Geoff .. it's all to do with enjoying a new set of discoveries and not feeling compelled to "do something" with these bigger Aussie brothers of American origin. I've always loved the mid 1950's forward control Commers and their rising popularity means there's plenty of info out there to enjoy and digest. I'm getting older and do not want to commit to any sort of full blown "correct" resto on the bigger stuff. The way the industry is, and the way I'm feeling right now, there's just too many headwinds to contend with on the work front. What other options do I have?...a fancy lash up with chrome, drop visors, Texas bumpers, 10" exhausts and mural paint...utterly and completely at odds with how our earliest American/Aussie configured Peterbilts and Kenworths went to work and battled it out till they were just about buggered.....

...Collecting good and rare old trucks is fun...they are literally only original once...... the light doesn't shine that severely on the humble old Commer.... and that's exactly where I want to be....Cheers mate

Defective, you forgot to mention that lovely noise that they put out. It's contageous.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by overnite.

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds