what it iz ????? was created by
its got a nice load of 56 Thunderbirds

What is it????

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 9 months ago #57739 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: what it iz ?????

Tiza room with a vu
LOL

WAG
Inter sight liner mounted way way up
Cya
[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 9 months ago #57740 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: what it iz ?????
That is the first Ford Cab over, I remeber reading about it recently, but I can't remember much else.

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #57741 by
Replied by on topic Re: what it iz ?????
cam that truck looks to be a convervion from a 48-49 f800 big job by " transport engineers inc' there association with ford especially modified car transporters to deliver new fords goes back to 1935 i have a few pics but cannot post them sorry maybe ihc got the sight liner idea from here ?????

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #57742 by

That is the first Ford Cab over, I remeber reading about it recently, but I can't remember much else.[/quote

1935 was the first coe conversion by t-e commissioned by ford of a conventional 35 ford truck

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #57743 by
in 1944 ford built a coe with 2 sv V8 engines side by side and scyro trans to haul wings an fuselages for liberator bombers im on a roll here this hotrodder stuff !!!!!!

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #57744 by

cam that truck looks to be a convervion from a 48-49 f800 big job by " transport engineers inc' there association with ford especially modified car transporters to deliver new fords goes back to 1935 i have a few pics but cannot post them sorry maybe ihc got the sight liner idea from here ?????

$hit ya good kirky! you win a virtual mini moke of fizz

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 9 months ago #57745 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: what it iz ?????

GrenFella
Gudday M8

RE: 2 sv V8 engines side by side

could/would it look like this

;D

"As the fires of war engulfed much of the globe in the mid-to-late thirties, the free world that still existed turned to the United States for help. American factories began to reap the profits from that foreign war. As the firestorms of war engulfed more and more of the globe, it became evident to many in the U.S. that we must prepare to defend our way of life. The problem was that all of the possible aircraft plants in the U.S. had contracted all of the production that they could possibly handle to the British and others.

It was at this point that the federal government turned to Henry Ford with the question, "Can you build aircraft (bombers) the same way as you have built cars?" Mr. Ford replied, "I suppose, Let

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #57746 by
i new i could count on you swish well done great pic i think there is only one left [restored]

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #57747 by
you blokes probably are not gonna believe this but walt who i bought the westcoaster off has a pic of one of these twin engine fords he took in the 60,s at the chicago produce markets apparentlly it was a regular back then!!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds