Skip to main content

Eaton 2 speed axle motor Where?

More
8 years 10 months ago #160072 by TonyD
Hi everyone, does anybody know where I can get a 12 volt motor or complete splitter mechanism for an Eaton 2 speed diff at a realistic price? I surfed but got nowhere. I'll try wreckers next week. They seem to be getting scarce. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #160073 by th Interman
Hi Tony, I might have one, for what application?

Avoid the dream takers.&&&&Restored 42' KS5&&c1100 5.0 TH700&&K1 on

More
8 years 10 months ago #160074 by TonyD
Thanks th interman.

It's for an 1800 ACCO in Bris

Cheers,
Tony.

More
8 years 10 months ago #160075 by Southbound
I had a No 4 two speed (1830B) many years ago, and bought parts from auto electricians $$$, and then from car parts shops. IIRC they were ECLIN brand. Buried in my shed are a set of points and a 'monkey on a stick'.
2 tips on two speeds
Have two shift motors, one on the diff working, and one on the bench being rebuilt for next time.
Second, never let a paid driver near one!!!

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
8 years 10 months ago #160076 by TonyD

I had a No 4 two speed (1830B) many years ago, and bought parts from auto electricians $$$, and then from car parts shops. IIRC they were ECLIN brand. Buried in my shed are a set of points and a 'monkey on a stick'.
2 tips on two speeds
Have two shift motors, one on the diff working, and one on the bench being rebuilt for next time.
Second, never let a paid driver near one!!!

Thanks Southbound.
I get your drift, "Never let a paid driver near one". I never had any problem with the ACCO I drove for my boss (now ex boss). I owned an AB180 (AB182) and rarely drove it myself -- no probs with box or 2 speed diff. The only probs was too small engine and hopeless brakes. Luckily, I had good brakes on the trailer. I used it to move a 12 ton drott with 9 tons on the trailer and 3 tons transferred to the truck. My later truck, with good diesel grunt and full air brakes, gave me more driving confidence and safety.

Back to the post:
Weren't all the 2 speed shift mechs the same in those days? Even the Rockwell 7 Eaton the same and interchangeable?

BTW, this jigger was bought yesterday and will also be driven by a "paid driver" :'(.

Cheers,
Tony

More
8 years 10 months ago #160077 by th Interman
Hi Tony, Mines off an AB160. If you think it will fit I can go and dig it up.

Avoid the dream takers.&&&&Restored 42' KS5&&c1100 5.0 TH700&&K1 on

More
8 years 10 months ago #160078 by Dazza1949

These come up on EBay regularly....last one I saw about a month ago went for $130.00
Daz

More
8 years 10 months ago #160079 by TonyD

Hi Tony, Mines off an AB160. If you think it will fit I can go and dig it up.

Thanks intman.

I'll try to find out so you may not have to "dig" for nothing.

Tony

More
8 years 10 months ago #160080 by TonyD

These come up on EBay regularly....last one I saw about a month ago went for $130.00
Daz

Thanks Daz.

$130 not too bad. Now wait but don't have much time.
I came across a guy on eBay who had some inter parts and dumped 2 axles coz he had to move and nobody wanted them.

Tony

More
8 years 10 months ago #160081 by bparo
I think Wagga Tractor sell them. There also is/was a mob in Toowoomba who used to advertise in Just Trucks who may be able to help. (I haven't been allowed to buy a Just Trucks for ages, to avoid temptation)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds