Skip to main content

Engine Number Location

More
8 years 6 months ago #164054 by Coachboy
Currently trying to complete club vehicle info sheet which asks for Engine Number. Can some one tell me where I can find this on a 68 model 300cid 6 cyl Ford f700 engine.
Have read online its on an aluminium tag between coil and block which does exist on my engine but this does not seem to be some thing permanent. Would have thought it would be stamped on block somewhere. Need help. Thanks

68 Ford F700

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #164116 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Engine Number Location
Coachboy,

Don't take this as gospel, but I was told by blokes on the overseas Ford forum, that it is on a casting under the thermostat housing, centre front of the head.. If it is covered by grease and crud, you have to scratch it off with a wire brush, Apparently you have to be a contortionist to read it though. The only way to read it is place a small mirror under the thermo housing, shine a torch on it and the numbers will be there, but will be reversed in the mirrors image.

Like you, I had found plenty of casting numbers on the block, but nothing like a number that had been punched in.

If you do find them (and I could be way out!), post a result here for others, please?
Best of luck, Dave

More
8 years 6 months ago #164181 by Coachboy
Replied by Coachboy on topic Engine Number Location
Thanks for the info Dave. It will be at least the weekend before I have a chance to check.
Clive

68 Ford F700

More
8 years 5 months ago #164475 by Coachboy
Replied by Coachboy on topic Engine Number Location
Thanks Dave fort the reply but found the number on the LH side rear flange of the engine that the gearbox mounts to..
Funny once you know it jumps out at you. Thanks again ;)
Clive.

68 Ford F700

More
8 years 5 months ago #164479 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Engine Number Location
Clive,
So THAT'S where they hide the little beggars!
Out with the wire brush tomorrow, maybe I can find mine!
Cheers, Dave

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds