Skip to main content

Can anyone help

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #164558 by Timo77
Can anyone help was created by Timo77
I need help in locating a leyland crusader. In the late 70s my grandfather ordered 2 crusaders from england but he only took delivery of one. I beleve that the murry bridge council ended up with it for a while. It had a sleeper cab and interior like no outhers of the time. Would anyone know of anyone that bought one from the council. Originally it had H.F Dicker and son colours, unsure if it would still have.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Timo77.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #164604 by defective
Replied by defective on topic Can anyone help
Hi Timo77 .. welcome to the forum mate. Would you have a picture of her from back in the day ?....it can help a lot and jog someone's memory....cheers

More
8 years 5 months ago #164611 by Timo77
Replied by Timo77 on topic Can anyone help
i have one but it wont let me upload it. How can i?

More
8 years 5 months ago #164614 by defective
..apparently you can email the pic to a forum member and that can then be uploaded......I think

More
8 years 5 months ago #164615 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Can anyone help
Timo77 have sent you a PM, I don't no if it will show you have a PM but if you click on CHANNEL 40 up above it will show up there.

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
8 years 5 months ago #164617 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Can anyone help

Here you are Timo77
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timo77

More
8 years 5 months ago #164620 by defective
...there wouldn't be many half sleeper Crusaders around...she should be reasonably easy to identify if she's still out there....

More
8 years 5 months ago #164632 by Timo77
Replied by Timo77 on topic Can anyone help
This one in the picture is an exact twin to the one im after and the interior is identical to the Whites of the time.

More
8 years 5 months ago #164633 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Can anyone help
Gudday Tim do you know if it had the 8 71 in it and I dont think any Crusaders were sold out here with sleepers but could have that totally up the creek there

Paul

oh yeah welcome

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 5 months ago #164637 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic Can anyone help
Hi Timo
From what I can find out, Leyland seemed to supply Crusaders in Aus from stock, rather than by order from UK, the chassis numbers were early compared to English ones. I have one that was delivered in 1976, supposedly one of the last Crusaders delivered in Australia and the chassis number is one number different from a truck delivered in 1973. I also didn't know that sleeper cab Crusaders were delivered here. The English delivered trucks also had different interior to ours with different instruments and switchgear and wood grain dash.

If the truck you are talking about was delivered new with a sleeper cab and a different interior, I am wondering if it was a private import? Did it have a GM or a Rolls Royce engine?

Paul

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds