Skip to main content

White Motor Corp. Records

More
7 years 10 months ago #171691 by Tacho
The HCVC SA Branch is now the custodian of the White Motor Corporation Coopers Plains Records.

If you would like a copy of the build record for White, Diamond Reo and Autocar trucks, then send an email to whitetruckrecords@gmail.com and include the chassis number, make and model (from the ID plate} and any other information you have.

Send a separate email for each truck and be patient for a reply as a recent truck model search had 23 pages of information which needed scanning, uploading to the computer , editing and sending.
The following user(s) said Thank You: defective, melonreo, John MccLean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #171699 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic White Motor Corp. Records
Well done will be forwarding later on #1905

More
7 years 10 months ago #171700 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic White Motor Corp. Records
Tacho .... what happens if you don't know the chassis number ? ... or only one or two from an order of say ... a dozen trucks ? Can they search by owner ? ... I got about 16 Whites for TNT that I'd be interested in info on from 1975 to 1982

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #171701 by defective
Replied by defective on topic White Motor Corp. Records
G'day Tacho Geoff .. I would love to know or see any info on the CBU Road Commanders bought into the country late in 1971 / 72 just as the RC's were entering production out here. Cheers and thanks for the heads up mate ...
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by defective.

More
7 years 10 months ago #171731 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic White Motor Corp. Records
Geoff, I've found your record and it's waiting for your email.....no rush.

werk , the paper records are in archive boxes, one folder per truck, in chassis number order and around 150 folders per box. If you send what you have I can look either side of a known chassis number for a group order. Failing that a search of each folder is possible. The later build records are on microfiche and not available yet.

Phil, there are early records going back to 1949, so it's likely the CBU imported Road Commanders are there, just have to recognise them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: werkhorse

More
7 years 10 months ago #171737 by werkhorse
E mail sent .... this will test someone's patience LOL ;)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
7 years 10 months ago #171744 by defective
Replied by defective on topic White Motor Corp. Records
Thanks for the Bill of Materials (build sheets) for the White 4000 Geoff .. fantastic to have the factory documentation from when she was new...Cheers B)

More
7 years 10 months ago #171756 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic White Motor Corp. Records
Just to clarify the original post about the White Motor Corp records, the change-over from paper to microfiche seems to be around 1976. The microfiche records are not available yet as there is a lot of work getting them recorded. Anything before 1976 is probably on paper and a copy can be provided by sending an email to whitetruckrecords@gmail.com with chassis number, make and model and any other info you have.

More
7 years 10 months ago #171761 by werkhorse
Thanks Geoff for your efforts today ;) you da man

More
6 years 5 months ago #189100 by cliffo
Replied by cliffo on topic White Motor Corp. Records
Hi Geoff My Diamond T has chassis number 5300 and is model P3320 with Diamond Reo engine model 6-200. Interested to see what info you can dig up about this truck Thanks Cliffo
The following user(s) said Thank You: melonreo

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds