img32.imageshack.us/img32/8987/gulfv.jpg

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #23119 by
Replied by on topic Re: SPENCER GULF RAMBLE
Interesting to note the item at the top "..open to all historic commercial vehicles built prior to 1979"

Does SA have different rules as to what is a historic commercial vehicle?

I was under the impression (in vic at least) that 25 year and older was a Historic vehicle.

More
14 years 2 months ago #23120 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: SPENCER GULF RAMBLE
Some states are 30. One of the items we objected to in writing as our response to the Vicroads review of our system was moving from 25 to 30 years.

Apparantly VicRoads believe making it 30 years brings us in line with South Australia and the United Kingdom (although why the relevant is beyond me as they operate an entirely different system and their 30 year old vehicles have no usage limits like ours do.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 2 months ago #23121 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: SPENCER GULF RAMBLE
NSW has a rolling 30 years or older qualification for Historic Conditional Registration. The UK relevance in ther review was probably because there was a consensus being sought (or acheived?) across europe on historic definition. (article in recent Restored Cars) :) When it comes to historic, governments would look to museum curators for advice, and those folk tend to be cognisant of woldwide recognition/definitions.

More
14 years 2 months ago #23122 by roadster
Replied by roadster on topic Re: SPENCER GULF RAMBLE
In the UK we are stuck with pre 1973 as historic: no rolling year. When the historic class was introduced for free road tax it was 25 years old then quickly changed to the fixed year of pre 1973. The insurance companies usually class vehicles over 20 years old as historic for their limited mileage lower rates. There are others: the "London low emission zone" prohibits goods vehicles from entering london unless they meet certain emission standards but exempts pre 1973 goods vehicles. I can go into London quite freely with my 1972 ERF but if I were to cross the zone limit, which has cameras with automatic number plate recognition, in my 1989 Scania I would be penalised

14 years 2 months ago #23123 by
Rodster it sounds like a war zone ;D so what year do you have to be to into London ??, and there has been some talk here in Melbourne about higher TAX on trucks in the city but not got far with the idea yet but we will wait and see. Dave

More
14 years 2 months ago #23124 by roadster
Replied by roadster on topic Re: SPENCER GULF RAMBLE
Dave: Broadly it is post 2001 for diesel engined vehicles over 3.5t. (euro 3 standard). Some earlier (euro 1&2) engined vehicles may comply and some others may be modified by fitting particulate filters. From 2012 new standards will apply, euro 4, and will broadly mean that only unmodified post 2006 goods vehicles will be allowed in.
An announcement has recently been made tha plans to include all vans with a UL wt of over 1.2t from Oct 2010 have been shelved.
See what you may have to look forward to!
Rod

14 years 2 months ago #23125 by
Only 6 weeks to go and I hope you South Aussies are supporting this one as we Victorians are invading you so come along and make it a a good run . Dave

14 years 1 month ago #23126 by
4 more weekends and I will be in Port Pirie SA so lock up your Bedfords I 'm on the hunt ;D ;D. Dave

More
14 years 1 month ago #23127 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Re: SPENCER GULF RAMBLE
:'( same weekend as local offroad comps ... can't be in two places at once :-/ ::) :'(

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds