Skip to main content

Yesteryear truck show Wauchope

More
14 years 1 month ago #26134 by melonreo
i made a trip up to check out the truck show at timber town in Wauchope and to catch up with an ol friend Mick Golden and look at his sweet Diamond T trucks .
here is the pics that i took .
this lorry has been modified a bit the hood is fiberglass and has been lengthend and has a inline 671T fitted

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #26135 by melonreo
this blue truck is a 630 and has a factory fitted 6V53
the red diamond t has a supercharged 180 cummins

More
More
14 years 1 month ago #26137 by melonreo

this old girl has a serious deep reduction( is this what they called the bottom box ;D ;D)

More
14 years 1 month ago #26138 by bigcam
That Green Diamond looks Schmick, he hasn't got a spare bonnet has he?

14 years 1 month ago #26139 by
Great pics, Pat .. thanks for putting them up. Looks like it was a good show. Some nice trucks there.
That old AA Ford has certainly had some serious transmission mods .. :D .. those AA's must have been real workhorses in the old days, when they were the nearest thing to a big truck .. and probably the cheapest affordable truck, too .. :D

I bought a gold mine off a couple of old Slav prospectors one time, and it had the remains of a treatment plant left there by a company that worked the mine in the late 1940's. There were originally six large rotary crushers set up, called Huntingdon Mills, which weighed 6 tons. Only two remained when I bought the mine .. and in the bush alongside the mine was the bare bones of a Model AA.

I was talking to old Mick, one of the prospectors (who stayed and lived on an adjoining lease, after I bought the mine), in the mid-1970's .. and I asked him, how they transported the Huntingdon Mills into position? .. as he had been there since 1923, and worked on the mine. He said to me .. "we hauled them in from the siding on the old truck!" .. and he pointed to the remains of the AA! ..

I was a little stunned at the answer .. as the railway siding was over a mile away .. and the AA in the bush, had wooden-spoked wheels!!
I must have looked a little incredulous, as I said .. "you hauled 6 TONS?? .. on a 1 TON truck??? .." :o :o :o

He chuckled and said .. "oh, yes!! .. but geez .. we only drove at a walking pace! .. and I thought those tyres would bust, for sure!! .. " ;D ;D ;D

The amount of abuse these old trucks took is incredible, in the days when laws were virtually non-existent, and the old trucks were just tested to the limit. I hate to think of the torque going through that diff and axles, when both those gearboxes are in bog cog .. :D :D

More
14 years 1 month ago #26140 by Cunning Stunt
Good pics Pat, that's one show I'd love to get up to. I was always planning to give the Commer a shakedown run up there this year but didn't quite get there.

Micks big green Diamond is magic 8-)

Some play hard to get

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 1 month ago #26141 by Swishy

GuddayM8

Gr8 Pix
Keep m Cummin

also gr8 to see trucks Th@ have never seen the south

LOL

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

14 years 1 month ago #26142 by
Hello Pat , many thanks for great work - really enjoyed the photos , cheers Clarke . ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds