Skip to main content

'Crawlin the Hume' - ATHS Event - May 12-13, 2012

• Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #71639 by
Hi everyone,

I'm also new to this forum and see your running a bus on this trip and I'm not a member of any club at the moment but would love join one .

Can someone tell me how much is it to go on the bus thankyou . Captain

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #71640 by Chocs

I hear on the grape vine there going to use the ATHS bus (white) to transfer people back and fro more details later . Dave :) :) :)

Hey Deadly..
You might be able to ask the grapevine a few more questions about the 'bus'?
Sooner rather than later before any more people become interested in something that may or may not exist?

chocs 8-)

• Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #71641 by
Chocs,
everytime I ask questions certian people get upset and think I'm having a go at them so let the organizers nip in the bud . Dave

• Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #71642 by
...fair enough deadly .. as far as i know the idea of the club bus had to be put to bed a little while ago, as issues with public liability, maintenance, fit out and restoration seemed to make the whole thing not a viable prospect.

welcome to the forum coach captain and hightail and there may be a few travellers to help you with a lift.

ps....i'm not part of any club, and not spruiking on anyone's behalf

cheers

More
12 years 2 months ago #71643 by atkipete
On a serious note....we have a member who owns buses and I think if there was sufficient interest he would run one up.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #71644 by bigcam
There is obviously some genuine interest in the bus idea, and not that I'm pary of the organizing, neither will I be attending, it might pay to be up front with those who are expressing the interest and letting them know if it's for real. Mind if it isn't for real at this piont in time, you've already got a bit of interest for someone to organize one.

Coach Captain Deadly Dave, spin the wheel, just need a Long Dog tie bar, yellow shirt with eppulettes and a green tie. Been there myself.
You and Greenie could go 2 up.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bigcam.

• Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #71645 by
I'm little confused is the ATHS a branch of the HCVC and there running a bus of vintage era.CC

• Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #71646 by
how much do you chaps think it would be to catch a ride on somebodys bus, I quite happy to pay for a seat,?

• Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #71647 by
Big cam. I still have a few of my old uniforms, from my coach driving days, Was never keen on the tie, and the boss used to get cranky if we didnt have it on, but buck in the good old days, dont think the passengers really cared, at 3am, if we had thetie on, and our socks were down around our ankles.

• Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #71648 by
i'll jump in coach captain .. the American Truck Historical Society (australian chapter) is a truck club in its own right ...as is the Historical Commercial Vehicle Club of Victoria, and both clubs enjoy close co-operation, although catering somewhat to different styles and breeds of trucks that have plied our highways, and also those of other countries.

and cc...it doesn't appear right now, that someone (or anyone) is running a vintage bus (at least with happy, paying? passengers) on the run :'( :'(

hope that helps...cheers

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds