Skip to main content

Hall of Fame Reunion 2010

More
15 years 2 months ago #7625 by GM Diesel
Howdy,

For those of you that are planning on going to the Road Transport Hall of Fame reunion in 2010 it is being held on the last weekend in August 2010. 27, 28, 29th of August.
Accomodation is starting to get booked out so if you need some you better get onto it. One of the caravan parks is booked out already and have a wait list. :-/

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #7626 by Andy Wright
I had been planning to for several years now (well, ever since 2005) but my best man's wedding is in Wales in mid-Sept 2010 so something tells me I won't be able to do both. :'(

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 2 months ago #7627 by GM Diesel
Alice will be more fun Andy...Still atleast you will be able to go Lorry spotting in Wales ;D

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 2 months ago #7628 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Hall of Fame Reunion 2010
Andy, you are not creative enough.

Alice Springs is geographically closer to Wales then Melbourne therefore it must be a stopover ;)

Yeah I know that's not the way the direct flights work but Melbourne-Alice Springs - Asia - London sounds more adventurous than a 24 hour seat on a plane

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
15 years 2 months ago #7629 by Andy Wright
Don't worry, Bruce, I have thought along those lines. Something tells me I won't be able to get that much leave - Alice in mid-August, wedding in mid-Sept and North Island Long Lap in late Oct! Want to hit Malta when we're in Europe as well...

15 years 2 months ago #7630 by
Replied by on topic Re: Hall of Fame Reunion 2010
Thats great Andy you must be back work or are you just a dreamer like the rest of us .Dave ;D ::)

More
15 years 2 months ago #7631 by Andy Wright
Nope and yep.

More
15 years 1 month ago #7632 by huppypuppy
Barry,

You might have a guest in the passenger seat of ya R190! Only jokin' mate - I will have to talk to the guys at work and see what I can do regarding time off prior to getting accommodation!

I think the Reunion would be on the top of my list of must-do truck things, alongside the Brockway Truck Show in Cortland, NY, USA, before I die!

Joe

More
15 years 1 month ago #7633 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Hall of Fame Reunion 2010
Hall of Fame 2010,
I got a bit excited and rang the Big 4 in Alice to see about bookings, they still have some powered sites left, at around $45 per night for 2 plus $13.50 for each extra person.... but as its their peak time the price will go up... of course.

Does anyone have any advice about the good and not so good camping places???

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

15 years 1 month ago #7634 by
Replied by on topic Re: Hall of Fame Reunion 2010
In 2005 a lot people camped at the HF out the back i dont know about power you might have to supply your own , give that a try . Dave :)

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds