Skip to main content

Glitch ???

More
8 years 5 months ago #165586 by ianoz
Glitch ??? was created by ianoz
When i look at this section It always shows "1New ", So I open the section And find there is No new posts showing .The last post Showing on theFront page Is Won;t let mein again . I have clicked onto the thread Many times to see the post that i hasve already read .. Can refresh the page after i have looked , the 1 new post icon is still there .
I don't want to get to the stage of igmoring it , in case i miss a new post .Anyone else seeing the same thing ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #165595 by defective
Replied by defective on topic Glitch ???
Hi Ianoz .. I just look at the "recent topics" up the top with the other headings and go through the ones that interest me...Cheers

More
8 years 5 months ago #165596 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Glitch ???
Ian,

Occasionally I see a similar issue not just on this board but others and it seems to be a just that a 'Glitch' in the way the system decides if you have seen something or not.

If you you are sure you have read everything on the board and you are still seeing the 'new post' prompt then use the 'Mark Topics Read', next to the 'New Topic' button, and it should reset everything for you.

Terry

More
8 years 5 months ago #165598 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Glitch ???
Ianoz, I had a bit of that when we first changed over, so I did some careful reading then marked all topics read. That gave me a clean start from that point on. :) I am starting to get used to just reading recent topics.... :whistle:
then when the war office is quiet I scan about a bit and see if I have missed something.

so far so good. :side:

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
8 years 5 months ago #165602 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Glitch ???
Ian, I think It shows the new posts from when you LAST logged in,
Even if you have read them as a "Guest"
BISTBC.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
8 years 5 months ago #165607 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Glitch ???
I've had it a couple of times where the new posts (in red) are still there after reading them, but it goes away after a day, or so, or a reboot. (I'm slack and don't fully shut it down as much as I should)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 5 months ago #165614 by defective
...the "recent topics" sub heading takes you back as far as you want to, with the pages listed on the top. I find it very convenient as it saves labouring through each heading, and you can whip through most of the last day or two's posts pretty smartly.....

More
8 years 5 months ago #165633 by defective
...matter of fact, just scrolling up to the top and pressing "recent topics" gives an instant, up to the minute look at who's posting on what...

....great if you're online and getting involved in all the argy-bargy LOL !.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 5 months ago #165640 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Glitch ???
RECENT TOPICS dont update if your on any other page than topic page 1

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 4 months ago #166249 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Glitch ???

Swishy wrote: RECENT TOPICS dont update if your on any other page than topic page 1

I had a look at this issue and it seems things are working as designed and not necessarily how I would expect it too.

The software is remembering what page you were on for the board, not just Recent Topics, so that you when you return to that board you get the page of topics you were looking at. I would think the idea is so you can read a post that might be a few pages long and take too many 'back' pages to return to the Board index, so you just click on the Board name in the 'breadcrumbs' just above the Subject line on each page.

If it didn't do it this way, you might be reading posts on page 4 of a Board Index and each time you returned to the index you would come back to page one and then have to find your way to page 4 again.

Terry

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds