Skip to main content

2019 - Forum Upgrade Issues, post here

More
4 years 10 months ago #201959 by Gryphon
Hi,

if you are experiencing problems with the recent change to the Forum software please put you concerns here and I will address them as I can.

If you are having trouble logging in or staying logged in after a few minutes then please clear/remove the Cookies for 'hcvc' from your browser. If you don't know how to do it, go to Google and type in Clear Cookies and you should find some "how tos' for your particular brand of browser. Your browser is likely to be Chrome(by Google), FireFox(by Mozilla) , Safari(by Apple) or InternetExploer or Edge(By Microsoft.

If you have forgotten your password you can click on the 'Forget Password?' to have an email sent to you to reset it.

If you can't login to the Forum or you are shy you can send an email to forum@hcvc.com.au and ask for help.

Regards,
Terry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #201964 by LN700
Hi Terry,
The Forum Update looks good,logged in with no problems.
The WotZit and Manure Happenz pages have gone back to page 1,
No big deal just for your own reference.
Also i dont see a preview button on this page just a submit and cancel.
Thanks for your hard work.
LN700B) :cheer:

More
4 years 10 months ago #201965 by Gryphon
LN700,

when you are writing your post there is a Tab Preview just above the editing Icons, click on that Tab and you will see the Preview of your post.

Terry

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #201966 by Gryphon

LN700 wrote: Hi Terry,
The WotZit and Manure Happenz pages have gone back to page 1,
LN700B) :cheer:

Do you mean that the very first post is showing on Page 1?

If you select your Profile and then the Tab to the right most and under Forum Settings the first option is the Order in which posts will be displayed. By default the Forum will display the oldest first but I have mine set up to display the Latest post first. See if you might want to change your setting.

Terry
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Gryphon.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #201969 by wee-allis
The only problem this great new forum has created for me is, that when I open it up, it starts on page 1. Not really a problem, but hell it takes some time, as I'm tempted to go back and check all the old posts, starting at page one and working my way up to date. Yeah, I realise I can go to the last page, but there is some great old stuff to re-visit.

Thanks Terry.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by wee-allis.

More
4 years 10 months ago #201970 by Gryphon
Wee,

can't have you wasting too much time on the old stuff. :)

Have a look at my reply to LN700 prior to yours and follow the instructions to bring the latest posts to Page 1.

Take a note of what the setting says for you, Default, Last Post First or First Post First and let me know what you find.

Terry

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds