Skip to main content

There is going to be some changes made around here....

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #247773 by Gryphon
Hi,

perhaps not everyone else's Mother used that turn of phrase but it just came to me as I was looking to put something in the subject line.

The first change is the forum is going to move to somewhere else as we are just about out of space on the web hosting account we have and because it is an old'ish and relatively inexpensive option that the company don't want us to use any more I can't just increase the space, I have to move us to a new plan so that is what is going to happen.

The impact will be that you will see a message one day or night that says the Website/Forum is being moved, come back later. You might have to talk to your family for a few hours but any links and book marks you have will still work and nothing will change about how you find or use the Forum and it will be back online once the move is complete to its new home.

The next change is the Website and Forum software will be brought up to supported levels of software and this will require a major overhaul in the way the site looks as the theme or layout we are currently using is no longer supported. So this is not going to be a grease and oil change, it will be new pistons cranks and different cab dropped on top.

The second change is much bigger and will have more of an effect on you, the pages will look different but all your posts and images etc. will still be there but it might just take a few goes to get used to the new feel. I don't have have an exact plan on what the paint scheme or the cab layout is going to look like so I might try out a few on you all and see which one you like the best for readability and usability of the Forum.

Again I can't say exactly when it is going to happen but again you will see a page saying undergoing a rebuild and some hours or more later you will be able to access the new look site, but both changes will happen in the next month I hope, I need to fit it in around the work that pays the bills.

And for a little teaser this is a new look I have been working with on the test environment so it could be the first incarnation that you see.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, Inter-Action, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, Normanby, PaulFH, Pierre and 8 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #247775 by Lang
Terry

I could sort it out for you in a couple of hours but I have to polish the inside of the old car's hubcaps . I think you will be OK on your own.

Great work. There are hundreds of blokes who owe you.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, eerfree, Inter-Action, PaulFH, Pierre, V8Ian, wee-allis

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #247779 by mammoth
Terry, your efforts are very much appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, eerfree, Morris, Inter-Action, PaulFH, Pierre, wee-allis

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #247807 by Swishy
Thanks for all U dun

sounds like a nother nail in the coffin like most forums

web.archive.org/web/20090914210858/http:...com.au/forum/YaBB.pl

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Swishy.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #247811 by BillyP
..........Yeah....Good on you Terry.........
Its blokes like you that keep the show on the road...............

.............Thanks ..........
...............Billy................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, wee-allis

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #247812 by hayseed

cya

You're such an Optimist, Swishy..!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #247829 by Mrsmackpaul

Thanks for all U dun

web.archive.org/web/20090914210858/http:...com.au/forum/YaBB.pl

cya

Mate I feel the forum will tick along as long as we have participation by it's members

There's lots of reasons people don't participate, this forum and the others I used to have lot's to do with were a lot lot busier

I guess it is a sign of the times

I hope it doesn't wind up one day, it is up to us as participants to make it last as long as it can

Anyway, good work to everyone that keeps this going and a thank you to Terry and Bruce before him that kept it going over the years

And as a side note, I hope this forum never stops, I personally get a lot of enjoyment from it

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, Inter-Action, overnite, 77louie400, PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian, wee-allis and 3 other people also said thanks.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #247833 by overnite
Feeling likewise. Thanks. Hope it never stops. First site I look at every night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, theabundantlife

More
10 months 1 week ago #248063 by Mrsmackpaul
Bugger me the forum is looking different now

No complaints, but it does look different

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #248117 by Morris
It took me three days to work out why I could not log in. It was my fault.

I love telling computer help desk people that I was born before computers were invented. Thay have never heard of Charles Babbidge's "Difference Engine" but that was a mechanical computer before electronics were invented!

Whatever the final version is, it will be fine by me.
Questions:-
1. How do you find "reply," all I can find is "quick reply"
2. How do you know which is the latest post? I see a box labelled "Next" and another labelled "end."
3. How do I know which topic has a reply I have not read?

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Morris. Reason: punctuation

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds