Skip to main content

Face book impersinations

• BillyP
  • Topic Author
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
1 year 6 months ago #239989 by BillyP
Looks like my Face book account has been hacked..................
A new account has been started by someone using my name and profile / pictures etc............
I havent used Facebook for donkeys ages, but , a couple of people (who were already friends ) contacted me
and said, whats going on ......,i got your friend request ....arent we already Facebook friends ???????
What i am told happens is. ,,if you accept my friend request from the hacker, then all your info is then
accessable to them........so do not accept friend requests unless you are sure of the origan ....especially if
you think you maybe already friends with that person.........contact them and verify that it was them
that sent the request.........
Face book are looking into it, but at the moment are saying .........nothing is amiss because both of the
accounts are mine .....NOT SO.............

.........................Billy........................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #239994 by 77louie400
Replied by 77louie400 on topic Face book impersinations
Billy wipe your facebook account and move on. I do not have face book and I get along just fine, I don't give a rat's arse what everyone else is doing and I don't want them to know what I am doing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyP, cobbadog, Dave_64, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 6 months ago #239995 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Face book impersinations
Ditto!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyP

More
1 year 6 months ago #239996 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Face book impersinations

Billy wipe your facebook account and move on. I do not have face book and I get along just fine, I don't give a rat's arse what everyone else is doing and I don't want them to know what I am doing.

I'm with 77Louie400 on this one. I go on Facebook only so I can see vehicles and parts for sale. I ALWAYS refuse all friend requests and I never give out my details.
Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #239997 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Face book impersinations
Relax Bill!

Don't overthink it!

If your Faecesbook "friends" are dumb enough to not realise that it's not you, that's their outlook, not yours.
Your account has not been "hacked" only copied. Very simple process that any idiot can do in about 2 minutes n 15 seconds.
So ... there is no need to panic and start changing passwords etc.
Any info accessible on faecesbook accounts is of little to no value, they are simply after numbers. once they have a certain number of views / likes / friends etc on an account they can begin advertising their own dodgy websites, non of which will affect you or your "friends" unless .... again ... they are dumb enough to go looking at that shit! ... and quite frankly ... no-one needs people that stupid in their lives.

Three simple steps.
1) Report to faecesbook ... Impersonating someone.
2) Post on the faker's timeline ... something along the lines of "hi everybody ... this is not me ... This bloke is a fake"
3) Block said faker.

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Eddy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyP, overlander

More
1 year 6 months ago #239998 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Face book impersinations
There is another side to Facebook. I do very little personal stuff but I am a member of many groups to do with history, vintage trucks, tractors & machinery etc and have built a friendship online and personal with many people over time. I have just returned from the Hamilton (Vic) 100 years of Bulldog tractors in Australia rally (121 turned up) and all the info plus contact with others came through their Facebook group. In the early days it was ratty just like this forum was, but now most groups are well run and if you misbehave then out you go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyP, ianoz, overlander, PaulFH, Southbound, wee-allis

More
1 year 6 months ago #240002 by Inter-Action
3 years ago some low life took what info i had on farce book into Telstra and bought a top of the range phone . I think it was
$1,500. The first i knew about it was when i got my next bill!!!! What the?
Telstra were very good about it and corrected my account. I was told the phone was out there somewhere in la la land and would
probably be sold on as a near new phone ? Needless to say , i cancelled farce book.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyP, PaulFH

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #240006 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic Face book impersinations

There is another side to Facebook. I do very little personal stuff but I am a member of many groups to do with history, vintage trucks, tractors & machinery etc and have built a friendship online and personal with many people over time. I have just returned from the Hamilton (Vic) 100 years of Bulldog tractors in Australia rally (121 turned up) and all the info plus contact with others came through their Facebook group. In the early days it was ratty just like this forum was, but now most groups are well run and if you misbehave then out you go.

Yes, I have a 1934 Inter so I'm in early Inter groups and the knowledge is invaluable.

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Southbound.

• BillyP
  • Topic Author
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #240011 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic Face book impersinations
.Thanks every body..............
I suppose it is not all that dramatic..but pisses me off that my name is out there and could make
grief for some one (maybe)...........
Seems like a good idea to give F/B the flick, but that still doesnt get rid of that moron .............

Actually what has happened now,........is that a dozen of those fake sites have suddenly popped up ..........

....................Billy......................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by BillyP.

More
1 year 6 months ago #240025 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Face book impersinations
The first thing to do is to change your password AND report what has happened. Then FaceAche can track down the thief and shut him down. It doesn't make you feel any better that it happened in the first instance but at least it stops your details being spread any further. Like many things, it is never too late to make the report but silly not to do so.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyP, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds