Skip to main content

2002 Custom Built Motorcycles Detroit diesel Beast

More
13 years 6 months ago #35288 by NA
Never thought I'd see the day that a GM would find it's way into a trike - well I'd be buggered !!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tinyurl.com/24ehwqz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #35289 by bigcam
Looks all right, I don't know that it would be paricularly practical, apart from making heaps of niose.

More
13 years 6 months ago #35290 by K-TRON
Detroits are quick revving engines. I would imagine that it would be damn near impossible to try to throttle that thing into gear while moving. With all that torque, you'd get thrown off.

I dont expect it to be in good condition if it has any real run time on it. Running a detroit without an air filter is bad news. Especially with an intake tube pointing towards the road. Any rocks and debris are going to get kicked into the blower, and wreak havoc.

Chris

1977 General Motors / Detroit Diesel 6V53T - rebuilt&&320Hp @ 2800rpm

More
13 years 6 months ago #35291 by melonreo
not an ideal spot to be sitting once it starts leaking oil , and at least you will be right on top of the emergency stop... :D

More
13 years 6 months ago #35292 by mike garrett
How do they cool it?

More
13 years 6 months ago #35293 by Motu
I don't think it needs to be any cooler than it is already.

More
13 years 6 months ago #35294 by K-TRON
There is a very small radiator with what looks like an electric cooling fan. It is no where near the right size for that engine. What makes it worse is that the top of the radiator is far below the water jacket on the cylinder heads. I dont see any valve to bleed any air from the water jacket, nor a surge tank to keep coolant always flowing through the head. I cant believe it sold for $11,000. Whoever the new owner is, better update the cooling system and install the necessary surge tank and air filters or he is going to have a very heavy paperweight

Chris

1977 General Motors / Detroit Diesel 6V53T - rebuilt&&320Hp @ 2800rpm

13 years 6 months ago #35295 by
What you think it would like a road run with others hogs ;D ;D ;D. Dave

13 years 6 months ago #35296 by
You would have to wear a rain coat and goggles for the oil leaks ;D

More
13 years 6 months ago #35297 by paul404
Have a look at this beast. 350 cummins, roadranger, diff air brakes. all out of a 1972 Peterbilt truck. it was on monster garage last night.

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds