Skip to main content

Good driving? .. or more ar$e than class??

• Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #44150 by
This only lasts a few seconds, but I'll wager it took a few years off the bloke driving the camera car .. and I reckon the log truck driver probably needed to change into his brown corduroy strides, too ..

So .. in the analysis .. whose fault was it? The dope with the stalled car, that never got it off the road? .. or the truckie who was going too fast to stop?? ..

biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=25580

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #44151 by
Truck was goin too fast.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 3 months ago #44152 by Swishy

Thru life we all have a few near misses n close shaves

WotSayU
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 3 months ago #44153 by
The timber yard was closing in 5 minutes and he didn't have time to dilly-dally... :o

[ch729][ch647]sod [ch654][ch623] s[ch305] [ch477]u[ch305][ch1503] s[ch305][ch613][ch647] [ch653]o[ch

• Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #44154 by
Sometimes: "the more experienced we are" 8-)
" the more complacent we become" ::)

"truck goin to fast" take a deep breath and hang on!!

Cheers Adam

More
13 years 3 months ago #44155 by Rusty Engines
This video is interesting the more you look at it
Was the truck going to fast? It certainly gives that impression especially for the conditions

• Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #44156 by
IMO, the near-disaster was purely the result of a pedal-to-the-metal, "I ain't lifting the hammer for anything" truck driver. We've all seen them. Like Stu says, he was rushing to get to the lumber yard before it closed. I must say, he was a pretty skilled truck and trailer handler, in conditions that gave very little traction.

I was always under the impression that it's a good idea to take great care, lift the hammer, and exercise a great deal of caution, when you see something well ahead, that looks like parked, slowed, or turning vehicles.
It's worked for me for 45 years .. I've never run into anything at serious speed. Hit a few things of course, but never more than a few dents .. ;)

I never cease to be amazed at the number of people who barrel along at 100kmh in snowy, icy conditions .. or fog .. where they can barely see 20M in front of them.
We've all seen the result of that technique .. the Lismore level crossing smash, that cost $30M, and the life of the truck driver.

The other factor is .. if you have to stop, because of damage/repair needed/flat tyre .. get your vehicle well out of the traffic lanes, unless you want to become a statistic, too .. :(

You can move a vehicle out of harms way by engaging first gear and cranking the starter. This technique will climb kerbs.
I never cease to be amazed by the number of people who blithely change tyres, while traffic whizzes by, only millimetres from them.
You take your life in your hands standing within metres of high speed traffic, as the many YouTube video "close-calls" show.

Too many people behind the wheel can't even track a straight line with white lines to guide them .. let alone avoid stopped cars and pedestrians.

More
13 years 3 months ago #44157 by
What about this one Ron? Most of this damage will buff out.

-Stu

[media]
[/media]

[ch729][ch647]sod [ch654][ch623] s[ch305] [ch477]u[ch305][ch1503] s[ch305][ch613][ch647] [ch653]o[ch

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 3 months ago #44158 by Swishy

Juan Trak
Gudday M8

RE: Hit a few things of course, but never more than a few dents

Yarh well
over here on the right
We'd refere th@ to just beer stainz ;D

LOL
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

• Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #44159 by
Stu - Seeing that clip kind of makes ya wonder what planet that truck driver was on. Certainly not this one.
I recall seeing one of the Yanks post a pic of an F250 that had been rear-ended whilst slow-towing an agri trailer of some kind, down an Interstate.
The truck must have been doing 100mph and he never touched the brakes, because the F250 was rolled up into a ball, like a Cat D10 had run over it.
It was unrecognisable, just a pile of scrap with 4 wheels sticking out of it. Goes without saying, the bloke in the F250 was killed.

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds