Skip to main content

Big order for Mack trucks

More
10 years 3 months ago #134878 by oldfulla
Its reported that Jon Kelly of HHA (Heavy Haulage Aust) has placed an order for 41 new Mack prime movers - to be delivered during 2014 & 2015. The order includes a new truck for himself - something he replaces about every 5 years.

Oldfulla

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #134879 by atkipete
That is a decent order and a vote of confidence in their new ( cant call it Volvo ) driveline.

More
10 years 3 months ago #134880 by lower yp sth aust
Are the MACK of today any good ,i hear people saying stay away from them as they are unreliable etc .they seem cheaper secondhand than other brands

More
10 years 1 month ago #134881 by Backyard Fixer
That is a good question, not many new Macks on the roads.

Hard working Christian father of three.&&1964 AP5 Valiant restored daily driver.&&19

More
10 years 1 month ago #134882 by Phred1
We have 10 540 Volvo's and 8 Mack Trident?? 535's same driveline and suspension I drive one of the Volvo's and with 345000 on the clock with 1 only breakdown I have to say it's an excellent truck. I haven't driven the Macks but none of the drivers I have spoken to are particularly positive about them.
On another note the company I work for has purchased new 45 Western Stars 22 Freightliners 10 Volvos and 8 Macks in the last 20 months. John Kelley isn't the only one investing in this industry apart from the Multi nationals he's just the only one with the need to boast about it.

More
10 years 1 month ago #134883 by dieseldog
I'd say Mack is becoming the el'cheapo brand of Volvo. I've seen a few newies running up and down the highway but they all seem to be owner/driver, and not company owned.

More
10 years 1 month ago #134884 by andy950
Nearly have to say its the other way around in Sydney, Hanson Boral And Holcim have heaps of new granites running around, well not so much Holcim, theres only 5 here so far, the one I drive hasn't been to bad yet, but couple of the others are just rubbish, one of em has spent more time in the workshop then it has carting material. They are cheap plastic junk, nearly embarrassing to say I drive a mack now. not even in the same ballpark as they were 25 years ago, I reckon they stopped makin real macks when they stopped putting V8's in em ;D

More
10 years 1 month ago #134885 by bigcam
Be interesting to know if the whole 41 trucks are eventually delivered.

This is no reflection on HHA or Jon Kelly, but things have backed off a lot in Queensland, not just in the Heavy Haulage, but pretty much right across the board, and I'm pretty sure we aren't the only ones to be feeling it. It's the quietest I've seen it for 4 or 5 years.

Any way, I'm pretty sure they won't publicize a downturn, so most of will never know either way. New Truck Manufacturers love publicizing big orders though, weather they eventually go through or not.

More
10 years 1 month ago #134886 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Re: Big order for Mack trucks
G,Day fellas, some interesting comments regarding the new Macks, I can't comment on the Granites or Tridents however I do own a Superliner with the 685hp MP10 motor and 12spd MDrive gearbox and the hole package has been unreal for me as an owner operator. Probably the biggest asset is fuel economy, pulling a Quad Float its returning 1.9ks per litre on fuel burn which is half a kay per litre better than my old 620 signiture in the Titan. The Ad Blue side of things is not an issue either as I'm getting around 43 k's per litre at 85 cents a litre I'm miles in front compared to the old truck.Performance is unreal it has Torque to burn, pulling down to 1050rpm and still giving 2300 ftps. So far its done everything wright, apart from a couple of cracks in fuel tanks and a tail shaft balance it has been perfect. Mack has looked after me and still give me a call every few months to see how its going. I don't see anything cheap about it, certainly wasn't to buy!! but it out specced anything in its class because all the essentials for my operation where standard on the truck not an option. But if I have got a gripe its the bloody hump in the floor between sleeper and cab,its gotta go! Just my 10 cents worth, call it a Volvo with a bonnet I don't care,it works for me :) :) :)cheers, JR

10 years 1 month ago #134887 by
Replied by on topic Re: Big order for Mack trucks
A lot of new Macks being sold
a dozen sitting in the yard for Hansons

[IMG

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds