Skip to main content

Ford County

More
10 years 7 months ago #130683 by BillV
Ford County was created by BillV
...just a pic I took at a mates place the other day, he loves the old girl , reckons he is going to be buried sitting in it :) ...going to need a big hole!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #130684 by Manuel
Replied by Manuel on topic Re: Ford County

Nice machine. Is it a Super 6???

More
10 years 6 months ago #130685 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: Ford County
Not sure but I reckon that years ago these were used as shunters by the railways, Rodders will be able to straighten me out if that's not correct. Cheers Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
10 years 6 months ago #130686 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Ford County
MMBW had a couple of those jiggers a long time ago

More
10 years 6 months ago #130687 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Ford County
the Muir Hill brand were used as shunters and a few in the smaller mines in the UK & some made it down here as well

More
10 years 6 months ago #130688 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Ford County

Nice machine. Is it a Super 6???

I thought the County 4 had smaller wheels on the front, but the County 6 had the bigger wheels all round. So this would be the '6'.

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #130689 by brockwood
Replied by brockwood on topic Re: Ford County
hi whith the early county equal wheelers the super 4 was the standard tractor with the 4 w drive fitted the super 6 was the same but added a 6cy truck moter ie a fordson based one had a thames trader 6 a 5000 had a upright 380 simler to the slant in a d series later on they went by no/s my 5000 based one is a 754 ie 75 hp 4wd if i fitted the up right 380 from my k series 1004 later still they bought out a line of unequal wheelers 4004 6004 ect which was the ford name plus the 4 this one looks like a 754 b
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by brockwood.

More
10 years 5 months ago #130690 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Re: Ford County
I work on a pair of unequal wheel County's, a 4000-FOUR and a 6600-FOUR. They are essentially their respective Ford tractor with a different left hip, and a truck front axle. The best thing is you can still get parts and easily.

More
10 years 5 months ago #130691 by Coupeute
Replied by Coupeute on topic Re: Ford County
I have heard of a bloke in the Glenrowan/Beechworth (???)area importing a fair few parts for these. One of the relos bought an unrestored 6 cyl , late model for not much coin. Then bought a 4 cyl one that was all shiney. Turns out it was only a liquid rebuild. :'( The bloke who sold it came good with parts & some of the labour costs as well. A happy ending.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
10 years 5 months ago #130692 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Ford County
Here is a couple

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds