Skip to main content

Howard Tractors

More
9 years 8 months ago #148235 by stevejr
Howard Tractors was created by stevejr

Hi all
Anyone know sources for engine parts for the Howard 2408 engine. It's going after some tinkering. Just looking for some bits, points etc.
Yes the Howard register but they seem to be a cult of their own no money no info
Got one with the Howard engine and a later with a Briggs (easy to find parts)
Steve

Mack R600 1975&&Dodge D5N 400&&Fe 35 1958&&Tea 20 1951 &&Tea 20 1952

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #148236 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Howard Tractors
Hi Steve, I have a Howard 2000 as well. The 2408 engines appear on EBay every month or 2. I will keep my eyes and ears open for you
Bparo

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 2 months ago #148237 by stevejr
Replied by stevejr on topic Re: Howard Tractors

More
9 years 2 months ago #148238 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Howard Tractors
you've got some sporty little numbers there !!! never seen one with duels

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
9 years 2 months ago #148239 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Howard Tractors
Out of curiosity when did the Howard 2000 tractors come out & when did production end ..

More
9 years 2 months ago #148240 by stevejr
Paul. The duals wheel bit came about when I thought I'd never seen one either. So having two tractors one with old car tyres on and other having almost new lug tyres I got two new lug ones, made some spacers longer bolts and you have to have hubcaps . The red one has larger tyres. I bought 2 15" blanks and welded in some plates 1/2" studs on both with chrome mag nuts. Even tractors need BLING

More
9 years 2 months ago #148241 by stevejr
Kenny Not real sure think early 60's till mid 70's
First ones had a one piece flip bonnet with a Howard L engine. Then the bonnet became a lift off type. Howard 2408 7 1/2 hp (My blue one not sure of the year thinkin bout 64 ) The red one has a Briggs 10hp it is a 68. easy to get parts. The 2408 is not, I'm glad it runs like a clock.
Over the years a lot of different engines Howard Briggs Techumseh I have seem one with a Honda.
They made around 30 attachments for these tractors buckets, rotary hoes under slung and rear mowers sickle mowers grader and dozer blades even had a grain auger for feeding the chooks. Nine different rear wheel track settings by changing the wheels around spacers in, out, on the inside, outside. Some had a 2 piece front axle allowing the front track to be altered.
steve

More
9 years 2 months ago #148242 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Howard Tractors
They are great little garden tractors I remember our school being in the country also done agriculture I can remember many times being on the little Howard ... Also at the same time I used to often borrow the next door neighbours Howard walk behind rotary hoe

More
9 years 2 months ago #148243 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic Re: Howard Tractors
There's a bloke advertises in the weekly times selling Howard parts occassionally

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
9 years 2 months ago #148244 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Howard Tractors
The Briggs and Stratton came in during the flip front. Mine has one along with the starter generator. The mesh front was late 60'S or early 70's depending on the information source

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds