3) Grille badge
4) engine bonnet in good condition
5) "American Standard" fuel gauge
6) Two Australian made logos.

Any leads appreciated. Thanks. Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by HeyCharger.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #45829 by HeyCharger
Can someone provide a photo of the "fully swivelling rear light incorporating a red tail lamp and an implement flood lamp".
Sounds interesting. I have the mount, but not the light. Rod.

[IMG

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #45830 by
Replied by on topic Re: Chamberlain Super 90 Wishlist
Rod, I'm pretty sure that light is the standard Hella worklamp of the era, that had a small red globe installed in the lower part of the reflector.
A switch on the back of the worklamp switched the work light on, or the light off and the taillight on, or both off.
I'll see what I can find in my Chamberlain and accessories books, and I might even have a Hella worklight from the 1960's left lying around in my seatainer.
If you post a pic of the light mount, that might assist. The Hella worklamp came with a mounting bracket.

Cheers - Ron.

More
13 years 2 months ago #45831 by norcoast
Hi Rod,
I repainted my old Chamberlain 306 a few years back and the local signwriter had all of the old Chamberlain decal information on computer. It was just a matter of printing them out on the "thick" foil and sticking them on. He said most signwriters would have access to the same files.
I did my fitting apprenticeship at Chamberlains in Welshpool from 72 - 76, just wish I could go back now and fill my bag with all the goodies.
I was in the R&D department for 2 years and we hand built and tested 5 prototype tractors, 4080, 4090 etc.
There was even a Chamberlain 3000 loader (988 size) there that had been hand built, it had a GM screamer in it. Also lots of other prototypes where scattered around the area from years gone by. Another one that comes to mind was a Champion (306) with a 327 Chev in it. That never went into production, must have drank the fuel.
Apart from the engines, tyres and a few bits and pieces everything was made on site at Welshpool. At the time Chamberlains was the second biggest machine shop in Australia, only Holden's was bigger.
But thanks to the jolly green giant (John Deere) its all gone now!!!! :(

Roy

More
13 years 2 months ago #45832 by HeyCharger
Fitted the duals today;
[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #45833 by
Replied by on topic Re: Chamberlain Super 90 Wishlist
Rod - O.K. that light mounting bracket is a genuine Chamberlain design bracket, and is totally unlike the Hella one I was thinking of.
The Hella I was thinking of, appears in the Champion 6G parts book, but the Super 90 must have had a different light to the later tractors.
I've alerted OzFarm to your request, we'll see what he comes back with.

More
13 years 2 months ago #45834 by HeyCharger
Thanks Ron. Appreciated. Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #45835 by HeyCharger

I repainted my old Chamberlain 306 a few years back and the local signwriter had all of the old Chamberlain decal information on computer. It was just a matter of printing them out on the "thick" foil and sticking them on. He said most signwriters would have access to the same files.

Hi Roy. Thanks for that info. Would you know if your signwriter could do the green "Australian Made" (as shown at the top of this thread) decals and perhaps a "Super 90" grille decal that I could mount on a plate? Thanks. Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.

More
13 years 2 months ago #45836 by norcoast
Hi Rod
The signwriter I used is down the south of the state where my old farm was, ive moved further north now near Geraldton. Also at the moment im about 500km west of Darwin at work.
Apparently and savvy signwriter should be able to access the same files thro the net.

Roy

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 2 months ago #45837 by Swishy

Hey
RodMan
Gudday M8

Trot u're self down to u're local signarama shop
I use the local one here n they B Oz wide