Skip to main content

Allis Chalmers HD5A

More
12 years 9 months ago #59358 by q4016lanz
We got our parts it is a narrow HD5A crawler and my son brad got stuck in to it today got the new thread on the axle in and rollers fitted and track on brad still working on it know puting the blower on hes keen to get it going :) :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59359 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Allis Chalmers HD5A
Hey John ,and Brad , Is it gunna be a runner for your club rally ? Need some more competition in the crawler class :) .

More
12 years 9 months ago #59360 by q4016lanz
Replied by q4016lanz on topic Re: Allis Chalmers HD5A
Yes ian we will see how it runs first it came from branyan reckers i will bring this HD5B cable blade 2.71 GM 45HP

More
12 years 9 months ago #59361 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Allis Chalmers HD5A
Very Good , the more the merrier . My old trackmarshall 55 went quite well out at biloela .

More
12 years 9 months ago #59362 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Allis Chalmers HD5A
ive got a old run down HD7 3/71 detroit powered .. it definatly wouldnt do well in a tractor pull . .

More
12 years 9 months ago #59363 by q4016lanz
Hi all the little HD5A started first push of the leaver but only one 1cyl and blowing oil out of the othe one i would say hole i piston brads puling the head off i will keep you posted

More
12 years 9 months ago #59364 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Re: Allis Chalmers HD5A
Hello John & Brad, That would be a rare one, it would be for this side, good find. Cheers David.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59365 by q4016lanz
Hi all The hd5a has a hole in the piston and the heads off two valves i have a parts 371gm iam hoping there the same as the 271gm i nead 2 valves and a piston

More
12 years 9 months ago #59366 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Allis Chalmers HD5A

Hi all The hd5a has a hole in the piston and the heads off two valves i have a parts 371gm iam hoping there the same as the 271gm i nead 2 valves and a piston

Probably a dumb question, but where are the missing bits? Were they still floating around inside somewhere or had they just disappeared? :-?

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
12 years 9 months ago #59367 by q4016lanz
hi all some of the valve peices were in the exhaust manafold and the rest were in the sump the liner looks ok :)

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds