Skip to main content

Random Tractor Photos

More
12 years 6 months ago #66385 by ute253
Random Tractor Photos was created by ute253
G'day blokes, just a few tractor photos for you to have a look at. i'll give you a few lines of explanation for each

q4016lanz, this one is for you, you might recognise the tractor but not the driver!!!! Its one of the times Ken let me drive one of his beasts. Driving instructions were limited to, "take up the slack on the chain then open it up to the stops" 3/71 was singing that day :)

Me on my old fordson diesel power major, 4cyl perkins. She didnt pull as well as I thought it may have but I didnt have time to fiddle too much with it on the day. a bit more water and less air in the tyres I think.

Jackson and myself on my 1940 Farmall H model. The H has been handed down through the family from my grandfather. He bought off Crump super spreaders(hence the green paint underneath the red) who used it as a tug in their yard. Grandfather had it on his dairy farm at Narre Warren, my Uncle then had it with front mounted saw bench for many years then it passed on to me when I was about 15. I used it and the bench for years selling wood as pocket money. Took the bench off when I started entering tractor pulls.

Serial number of the H

Another H that I bought at a clearing sale. The 38 inch rears on it are now on Grand dads H. It had been sitting out in the paddock for years and years but the tyres pumped up and stayed up :) The belly compartment between the clutch and gearbox had a beehive in it so a few potenial buyers stayed clear of it. Unfortunatly the motors locked up on it.

The is my AWD6, bought as seen. got the clutch out of it and previous owner kept the ram off the front blade. Has get AWD7 powersteering on it which is a bit of a bonus. Used in a spot mill for pushing logs around.

Bought this 1944 H model from under a shed at Eurobin near Mrytleford. It was bought new by the tobbacco grower he gave me a run down on its history, a real basic tractor, no electrics, pto or drawbar just a tool bar. Spent most of its time ploughing then got ratted for parts for a high rise home made tobbacco tractor.
Had to go on a hunt all over the farm to find the various parts. front end here, radiator there etc.
I assembled it back under the shed and then pulled it out with the 4wd

Just a few photos of the H and Fordson in the show parade and having a pull. :) :) :) :)

A bit of a line up at a sale I attended, most went to the scrappies

This AM purred like a kitten, sold to a loving home. I bought the front mount crane off it shown at its side.

This home made AV was bought by one of my friends for parts for his A. It has the exhaust assisted lift arrangement for tool raising and lowering on it. Never a very good arrangement.

A few from Henty, love the Big 4

This shot shows the big and the little :) :) :) :) :) :)

Chasing this owner of this AM with the view to do a deal. Can't help it, love all the older type stuff.

Regards David

Diamond T P3320 x 2&&Studebaker US6 6x6&&HQ GTS Coupe&&HQ ute&&HG ut

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #66386 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: Random Tractor Photos
Good stuff David. You not only have a love for quality Diamonds, but a passion for old Inters. If you've got any more bung 'em up. Geoff

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #66387 by q4016lanz
Replied by q4016lanz on topic Re: Random Tractor Photos

G'day blokes, just a few tractor photos for you to have a look at. i'll give you a few lines of explanation for each

q4016lanz, this one is for you, you might recognise the tractor but not the driver!!!! Its one of the times Ken let me drive one of his beasts. Driving instructions were limited to, "take up the slack on the chain then open it up to the stops" 3/71 was singing that day :)

That must be a few years ago David when that picture of the super 90 it was taken probly when the old man took it to Benalla :) cheers John

Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by q4016lanz.

More
12 years 6 months ago #66388 by ute253
Replied by ute253 on topic Re: Random Tractor Photos
Yeah that right John, thats it. At that stage I was the secratary and treasurer of the Benalla club and Ken was always a very good supporter of our events,always offered me a go on some of his toys. Cheers David

More
12 years 6 months ago #66389 by q4016lanz
Hi david two ferguson pic from rally

my son brad 730 john deere
:) :)john

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #66390 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Random Tractor Photos
ooh Dave them farmalls :-* :-* :-* more more more
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by melonreo.

More
12 years 6 months ago #66391 by ute253
Thought that might get a rise out of you Pat :) :) :) :)

Always on the look out for more :D :D :D :D

Cheers Bro'

More
12 years 6 months ago #66392 by q4016lanz
Here is my sons tractors A514
:)
famall cub

super A farmall
:) :) :)

More
12 years 6 months ago #66393 by ute253
Hey John the Farmall Cub would be a rare and valuable unit out here Oz? Lots of blokes chase them :)

Re the A514, bloke down here has one with the narrow row crop front end and a chap I know of in Benalla has a very nice Super AV which I am all very jealous off :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) David

More
12 years 6 months ago #66394 by ozfarm
Replied by ozfarm on topic Re: Random Tractor Photos
at the national rally, we had a Cub Cadet 108 there, was talking to a chap with his cub and was pointing out the cub rear end was used in the cub cadet

he didnt seem impressed when i mentioned that the cub cadet 108 had more hp ;D

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds