Skip to main content

Mc Grath trailer.

More
14 years 5 months ago #17652 by Mitch G
Mc Grath trailer. was created by Mitch G
Hello.

This is our new trailer, just picked it up today. Needs work but that's alright. It is currently around 37 Ft. I think but the tail has been added on so we are going to cut it down to original which is 33.8 Ft.
When we first looked at it.

Then we unloaded it. (Check out the pile beside it)

Picked it up with the Acco.

Started cleaning.

Mitch

Got Sticks?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #17653 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Mc Grath trailer.
Great find, Tony. Well done.

The Acco looks the business hooked up front.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

14 years 5 months ago #17654 by
Replied by on topic Re: Mc Grath trailer.
Hello Tony ,
are you sure that the trailer has been extended after manufacture ? The positioning of the gates looks very even to me ( can't see a position for a half gate ) the reason being that I have come across a near identical McGrath trailer with the same gate set up , same length and , an original factory extension on the main chassis rails that had to be added during the production line ( bracing and beam spacing was even throughout ) . I have often wondered if during this period of manufacture that chassis rails could only be made for a specific length and , any orders over this size had to have an extension . Just thought I would throw my thoughts in , best wishes - :P

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #17655 by aussiebigbangers
Hi Tony.

You will clean her up no worries. :)
And yes it would look good with the old Mc Grath backend..
David. :D

P.S. Was there any Snakes in that timber ?? :o :o :o

! !  Without Trucks Australia Stops  ! !
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by aussiebigbangers.

More
14 years 5 months ago #17656 by Mitch G
Replied by Mitch G on topic Re: Mc Grath trailer.
Hello,

The trailer has been stretched after bcause the chassis is a different size. Not the best picture but you can see from the red line back is the addon and if you got good eyes you can see the different chassis and that it is bent from the red line.

There weren't snakes but there were plenty of damn possoms. Ha Ha.

Mitch

Got Sticks?

More
14 years 5 months ago #17657 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Mc Grath trailer.
My McGrath (single axle) has also been extended. It would be interesting to line these trailers up together to see if there are common factors. Does any one have records of the chassis numbers? Unless anyone knows different those cast or pressed metal plates stuck on the rear are the actual chassis no. The no is also stamped on the right hand side in front of the wheels.

More
14 years 3 months ago #17658 by Mitch G
Hi,

-Just an update, it's sitting in the shed with new 5" combing rails.
-Rear lopped off to 34'.
-New/old rear started, pulled wheels off to find dead spiders in the hubs and getting new brake system and bearings, she'll roll faster than the Mack now :D.

She has been sitting like that for the last 6 six weeks though, she needs a few covers for the cross members to be finally welded so I'll start tacking them in tomorrow. Then she's off to paint, then I'll wired her up and new wood floor.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow if I think of it.

Also can anyone help us out please. We need 4 new McGrath hub caps (got big gouges in the letters), we need the backing plates on both axels and if any one knows where we can get some McGrath stickers and mud flaps? (We have contacted Glen Newlon? but he's sold out and not making anymore)

Thanks

Mitch :D

Got Sticks?

More
14 years 3 months ago #17659 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Mc Grath trailer.
Mitch, I think Rocklea Truck Spares may have hub caps on the shelf, if not, try Tayco in Boundary rd Coopers Plains.

More
14 years 3 months ago #17660 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Mc Grath trailer.
Fella called Dutchy - 0425 253253 in Western Sydney was selling blue & white McGrath stickers a few years back
If you get some mudflaps made let us know

More
14 years 3 months ago #17661 by Mitch G
Hi :),

Thanks Cameron, we tried Tayco and they got 50 of them, they are $55 plus GST if I can re-call, they are unfinished alloy and they have altered the design slightly such as putting their name on tham but they still got Mc Grath written on them but I think we may buy them. Will try Rocklea Truck Spares tomorrow.

Mammoth, Dad rang the man on Saturday moring and we got some stickers coming, and the man is thinking about making the mudflaps, but he need to get atleast 150 made and he needs an original flap to design from. Thank you for his number.

Okay here are some pictures I should have posted long ago, have more but they are on my phone and can't get them off and camera was playing up so some bad pictures.

Nothing much changed since except wheels off with clean as hubs (I sat there for a day cleaning all the grease off them), and a little bit more new metal added.

Shouldn't be to long there then off to sandblast and paint, then full re-wire and new brake system, all the shiney stuff and the wood floor.

Thanks

Mitch :D

Got Sticks?

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds