Skip to main content

Austin truck Help

More
14 years 5 months ago #18442 by Austinruck
Austin truck Help was created by Austinruck
Hey guy i hope someone on here has restored an austin and can help me out. we have 2 on our farm 1 we still use and another we got for the odd part. both are in excellent condition no rust. i think they are about 1953-56 around that. im wondering how you go about getting leads and plugs for these things as the truck we use on a regular basis seems to break down a lot under load. so looking into a new set of plugs and leads for a start, maybe new dizzy cap if they even make them.

also we are thinking about scraping the old austin fire truck as it just takes up space and we have no real use for it anymore. it is complete other then a dizzy and radiator. any idea what they are worth if anything. the only rust it would have is the leaf springs just faded paint.

appreciate any help thanks guys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #18443 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Austin truck Help
Austin... just for interest we would appreciate a picture or two, and it really helps to know what part of the world you are in.....

Original style wire leads are easy to get, auto elecs here have it on a roll.... new coil and dizzy cap could be a good thing...

I ran my 1950 bedford in the dark and was amazed at the "lightening" flashing all over from poorly insulated leads, cracked cap an across the coil.... looked like christmas....

and e-bay will probably price your truck without the tank etc under a grand... the stuff on the back might double that

good luck

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #18444 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Austin truck Help
you could advertise it for free in "The Monitor" which is the monthly HCVC newsletter. email the details ( and your contact details, location and photo if possible) to editorAThcvc.com.au (replace AT with @).

If you get it there by tjhe first week of the month it will emd up in the members letterboxes just before the 4th thursday on the month. It goes to around 450 people..

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by bparo.

More
14 years 5 months ago #18445 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Austin truck Help
or, put it up on this forum in the for sale section and 700, plus visitors, will see it, many of whom forward to friends. ;D

14 years 5 months ago #18446 by
Replied by on topic Re: Austin truck Help
Agree with Mammoth!

Put it up on the forum then Australian wide (and some international) coverage.

And I'm sure if any of the Historic commercial clubs such as the HCVC wish to place some of the forum for sales in their magazine that would be OK with the sellers also! (would be great if they mention it came via the forum as well! ;D). Just suggest if the editors wish to do this that they may need to get more details so a pm via the forum might be required to the seller.

Most important thing is of course to put locaiton information even on the forum. Don't need specifics but at least state and town would be great!

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds