Skip to main content

Saved this old girl from the scrappers

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26814 by Hardtopman
Bought this old girl today she was ear marked for the scrappers on the weekend. Was told it was a AT4, he was going to pull 318 and scrap the rest. Went half with a mate for parts as the cab is rusty in roof but all the hang on panels are good. Bought the motor and paid scrap value for the rest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26815 by chippa63
gotta love them V8s

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26816 by kennymopar2
nice little holley on top of the 318

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26817 by Old AB
Nice to see another one saved from the scrap heap.to many good parts on that one. Alot of blokes dont care, its all scrap to them.

Keep old inters alive.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26818 by 700GMRR
good score Hardtopman, looks way too good to scrap. let us know what goodies you may be seling from the beast

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26819 by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman
I know how you felt. 2 of my beloved old trucks were rescued by me as I went to see them for parts, but they were to complete & rare to break up. Well done.

Kind Regards

14 years 3 weeks ago #26820 by
700GMRR - I saw a similar truck at a property in Anstey Rd, Forrestdale today, near where Anstey Rd makes a T-junction with Ranford Rd, about 1/2 klik West of Tonkin Hwy. There's a Dodge 400 tipper lying in the backyard of this property, with a very rusty cab .. but there's a good cab sitting in the tipper.
Looks like it might be someones dream project that hasn't got past the dream stage, judging by the length of the grass .. :)
I don't reckon it will be there for too much longer .. all that area is slated for subdivision in the near future .. :'(

Might be worth a call if you're looking for Dodge stuff. It's only a stones throw from Roleystone.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26821 by 600Dodge
How bad is the cab hardtop? I'm looking for a decent cab for a AT4 or D5N in WA, mine is REALLY bad and I want something that is between perfrect and fixable.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26822 by 700GMRR
thanks Onetrack, i think i seen it a few years ago when i turned down anstey to do a u turn, back when i was just dreaming of buying a dodge myself. i go down Armadale road all the time for work so will be checking out for sure

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #26823 by Hardtopman
Well here is the truck the panels and other bits are going on to. Is a mates truck and ran a 10.92 @126mph 1/4 mile last nite.

Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by Hardtopman.

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds