Skip to main content

How Much is too Much?

More
15 years 9 months ago #4031 by bparo
How Much is too Much? was created by bparo
On Sunday at Scienceworks (sorry no pics - several sets of batteries - all flat) I was talking to Russ lamenting that the AR160 Series badges were hard to find, I had seen one or sale in 5 years so had snapped it up. I got home and on that favourite internet auction site there was a set of the International and AR160 Series badges in a set of 4 (for each side of the truck). As the International Badges were also in better condition than mine I went nuts and put a high bid on them. I got them for around $120 (registered postage included) which didn't seem too bad.

In reality I now expect there will be a flood of them on eBay at $15 each but what would you do or have you done to get those parts you have been loooking for?

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #4032 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: How Much is too Much?
well i collect old Truck Brochures, manual's etc and they go for big $$$ so all i can say is you don't really wanna know what i'd do to get the one piece i really want :-? :-? ::) :-[ :-X ;D

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
15 years 9 months ago #4033 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: How Much is too Much?
I do the same but only for vehicles/machinery I own. I got some AR160 series ones and an XP Uye one that Ford don't even have in their Archive. The Ford Discovery Centre want it but I am not interested in selling it while I own the ute and as I have had it for 9 years so far its not going to anyone else soon ;D

Even my Mother In Law won't let me sell the ute or the brochure!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
15 years 9 months ago #4034 by kennymopar
i think we all spend some decent $$$ on stuff we "need" (as long as the missus doesnt find out!) ive paid a small fortune on dodge truck books/pamplets..even imported gaskets from the USA (to be 100% original)..i guess women spend money on clothes/fashion ..us men spend money on our hobbies

More
15 years 4 months ago #4035 by Coupeute
Replied by Coupeute on topic Re: How Much is too Much?
I guess you just have to say to yourself," they don't make these anymore". Even if things sit on the shelf for some time, you know you have them.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
15 years 4 months ago #4036 by kennymopar2
when i was 17 (im in my 40s now) i bought a set of "triple SUs"carbies from a local wreckers for $160 genuine LC XU1 torana ..ive never used them & ive had a offer of $1000 ..ill probably have them till i die :-X

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds