Skip to main content

International D1910 with a v6.53 GM

More
13 years 1 month ago #48973 by Sarge
Nice project, wonder if it had a touch-up or cancer repair in the front, might explain the grill and the mixed colours and stripe...

Scout & I found quite a few crossbreds at Alice, including his....

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #48974 by K-TRON
Those are some nice Bulldog's. I would love to buy a Lanz one day just to restore it and drive it around. I have seen and heard of a total of 0 in the USA, I would hate to import one, but if I cant find one, I will have to. They are rocking old tractors. 54hp 10 liter 1 cylinder behemoths. Lots and lots of torque. You oughta repower your D1910 with one :)

Chris

1977 General Motors / Detroit Diesel 6V53T - rebuilt&&320Hp @ 2800rpm

More
13 years 1 month ago #48975 by jeffo
Trailer looks like a Freighter strap type.
I looked all over my old bogie but only found the pressed tin number above the rear lights.
I clearly remember it as:
FREIGHTER TRAILMOBILE 24856B
Machinery inspector stuffed up and used the last letter, he wrote down E24856B as the serial number so that was it forever more.
Nice Bulldog restoration. We had a 2-"H" models and a "P"???? in Bundy, maybe that's where you scored that 50hp?

More
13 years 1 month ago #48976 by q4016lanz
Hi bigcam here is a couple of photos of under the bonnet of the international 1910, does anyone know how many of these trucks came out with the GM

thanks Brad

More
13 years 1 month ago #48977 by bigcam
Thanks Brad, the steering colmn looks a bit different to the standard D line to give it a bit more clearence. Peer up from underneath and I reckon the motor will be closer to the LH chassis rail.

More
13 years 1 month ago #48978 by q4016lanz
i had a look and the bottom of the motor is closer to the right hand side where the steering box is but the top of the motor is layed over to the left hand side

Thanks Brad

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #48979 by Hardtopman
No bonnet scoop either like the early 70's jimmy Dodges had. Column looks like a Dodge with jimmy as well.

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Hardtopman.

More
13 years 1 month ago #48980 by bigcam
The D5N's had the scoop so the aircleaner would fit under the bonnet. My AT4 has the cab/guards bonnet/etc raised by about 35mm instead. I would hazard a gues it came from the factory like that because it has the Dodge Detriot Diesel badge on the grill, and the bloke I bought it off reckoned it was factory origonal. I've seen photo's of GM powered AT4's, and everything looks like mine.

More
13 years 1 month ago #48981 by GM Diesel
Hi Brad,

Would you mind having a look under the bonnet of the Inter and tell me where the fan is mounted to the engine ?
Why I ask is some of the early Loadstar's with the 6V had the engine tilted to the left like yours and the fan was direct mounted to the right camshaft. Top radiator hoses both headed to the left as yours does also .

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
13 years 1 month ago #48982 by q4016lanz
hi GM Diesel the fan is fitted on a bracket inbetween the two pullys as the Picture shows

cheers ;D

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds