Skip to main content

commer wanted

More
14 years 3 months ago #21655 by camma
commer wanted was created by camma
I'm looking for a sankey cab commer or commer maxiload in good original condition to restore or already completed.

Please help me. I need Commer Parts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21656 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: commer wanted
Welcome mate. Where are you and what engine are you after?

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #21657 by camma
Replied by camma on topic Re: commer wanted
Thanks for making me welcome.I'm in Melbourne and I would like one with the a knocker or cummins.A maxiload to me would be like winning tattslotto as i have never seen one in Australia, however I would like a heavier duty model with air brakes etc.

Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by camma.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21658 by Cunning Stunt
Okay, to get the models right (in case you don't know) the Commer badged ones had the Knockers and ones with Dodge had the Cummins V8. Then there are Perkins and petrol powered ones. I have never seen a Maxiload in Australia except there are a few in New Zealand. Take it from me, the Sankey cabs are bad for rust :'(

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 3 months ago #21659 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: commer wanted
This one is coming up in an auction this Sunday. It's got a 6V53 in it. The odd looking box on the back is gone. See collection for sale in trucks for sale or wanted. It's at Dale Barnard and Karen Braken's place in Brisbane.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21660 by Cunning Stunt
There is also an auction at Toowoomba with a nice late model Commer with the Knocker and 6 speed, seen here

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1260184256

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 3 months ago #21661 by camma
G'Day Cunning stunt. Have you seen either of them in the flesh?
The blue one does need a knocker and cab dropped to original height which is not a federal mission. The red one looks good as is.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21662 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: commer wanted
The blue one looks all right, it could do with a tidy up though, the cab looked all right, though if you're looking for a nice truck, you'd be painting this one. As far as I know it runs well, Dale has taken it on quite a few trips, and it's got a quick diff in it. You could drop the cab a bit, but it's been raised to get the GM under it, you could also raise the Bullbar a bit to get it looking in porportion.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21663 by camma
If you know of any others around,please keep me informed,especially if a Maxiload turns up.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21664 by Cunning Stunt
I agree with Cam and although I havn't seen the GM powered one in the flesh I did enquire through a couple of local guys about it. Okay for some but I'd want to strip and paint it.

If it's a knocker you're after, look for one as there are a few around still, like one that went off on ebay a couple of weeks ago for $4000. I bought my GM powered one for $3000 and just got a good cab for $500. The one at Toowoomba sounds great and I'd guess would pull around $8-10 grand but if you'd prefer green over red, you're up for a respray straight away. I looked at a Cummins powered cab chassis in Penrith in Sydney last year and I think it's still there. Cab was rough but he wanted about $1200 for it. I bought the front bumper off it but otherwise it is complete. I'll send photos later on if you PM me your email address.

Cheers

Bruce

Some play hard to get

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds