More
1 year 5 months ago #240885 by Lang
1960 White was created by Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #240893 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic 1960 White
130hp from a 1 litre engine. I’m impressed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 5 months ago #240905 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic 1960 White
I see a lot of ads on facecrap where the engine is shown as one litre/cc/cylinder/horsepower etc. It must be a fault with the program. The programmers are either too ignorant or incompetent to fix it.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #240956 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic 1960 White
Not the programmers fault Morris, it's the person placing the ad that is either too lazy, or doesn't know what size the engine is (thick?:unsure:). Without anything being included the default, which is obviously one litre, gets inserted automatically.

Annoys me whenever I see it and shows the intelligence level of the person writing the ad. :blink:

P.S. It also highlights the fact that once the ad is placed they don't proofread/check what they have actually written!?
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by PDU.

More
1 year 5 months ago #240957 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic 1960 White

Not the programmers fault Morris, it's the person placing the ad that is either too lazy, or doesn't know what size the engine is (thick?:unsure:). Without anything being included the default, which is obviously one litre, gets inserted automatically.

Annoys me whenever I see it and shows the intelligence level of the person writing the ad. :blink:

P.S. It also highlights the fact that once the ad is placed they don't proofread/check what they have actually written!?

I don't think it is fair to blame this on the seller's intelligence level, anybody can make a mistake, in this case it appears the engine size was left blank and the poor guy gets shamed, imagine if he did enter an engine size that was incorrect!

Give people a go, not everybody can read or write at Year 12 level, not everybody is computer literate and EVERYBODY make mistakes, as I often do.

Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: 77louie400, PaulFH

More
1 year 5 months ago #240959 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic 1960 White

Come on Pom, there is a huge difference between "intelligence" and "knowledge".

More
1 year 5 months ago #240961 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic 1960 White
You are probably all correct in part but it must be a difficult site to enter an ad. I see lots of people who write "Dunno" in one or more fields and some who write "n/a". One person Wrote that marketplace would not let him enter a price. I think he was in the wrong field. A lot of people write that Facebook will not accept the model of vehicle they are trying to sell.
Some end up with their name or location in the body of the ad.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
1 year 5 months ago #240964 by PDU
All points taken, and I stand somewhat in shame . . .

However you will notice many of my comments have a note at the bottom saying that they have been edited, simply because I read what I have written when submitted - even after checking them in the Preview supplied. You see, even I am capable of making mistakes!? :blush: :lol:

With further consideration I liked Morris's comment, and agree that some ads including marketplace ads can be frustrating when you can't include such things as the type of vehicle (because they haven't included them in their accepted manufacturers) or want a price to be listed, even if you only want an offer. Those sort of things ARE the programmers problem and we can only live in hope that they will indeed be fixed eventually? :unsure:

More
1 year 5 months ago #240976 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1960 White
Pictures are th story,and anyone interested knows whats what........Im very fortunate I cant find the ad ,because I always fancied a WC or maybe a 2064.......a fairly modern truck that looks like it was styled in the 1920s.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 year 5 months ago #240984 by PDU
I wonder if Morris will pick up the deliberate error in my last comment, specially for the rivet counters and grammar Nazis!? :whistle: ;)

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds