Skip to main content

Wanted: Chev 1100 or Blitz

More
12 years 10 months ago #58078 by dmulally
Hi All,

Long time lurker and first time poster. I have been sympathetically restoring a 51 Chev truck which sadly was introduced to a tree in the wind storms last week. Such is life.

It has been written off and I will likely give away the cab so am looking for either something similar that isnt rusty to go over the top or a COE of any make of the art deco era.

Failing that, I have always been fond of the Ford V8 Blitz. I want it as a hauler of old cars so nothing exciting and nothing really that big.

Anyway, great forum and if anyone knows of anything on the east coast of Oz I would be keen to know about it.

Out of curiosity, here is the truck that died. The new engine is ready to be picked up too so Im all dressed up with nowhere to go.

Cheers

Damo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #58079 by
Replied by on topic Re: Wanted: Chev 1100 or Blitz
welcome to the forum, there's been a few blitz's on ebay lately, and some chev's the same model :)

More
12 years 10 months ago #58080 by Dingodan
If the rest of the cab wasnt that bad and you were chopping the top anyway I wouldnt of thought that dint was that bad? Ive worked with a lot worse in the modified car industry........ But anyway, where are you? Going through Yaraman Qld today there is a large blitz truck at the produce yard for sale looked OK at 120km/h at 5:30am but cant tell you much more......then at Kiamkillenbun there was what I think is a smaller chev truck 2-3 tonner? parked up out the front of the local mechanics along with another truck that might of been a butterbox? If any one is interested Ill take photos and collect what info I can next week.
Hooroo
DD

More
12 years 10 months ago #58081 by dmulally
Thanks Dan.

I have contacted the guy selling all those blitzes on ebay and asked him if he splits them then I am interested.

I am based in Sydney but if you have a name for that place with the blitz I can call them up. Ill be able to find the number with a name.

The cab is rooted. Its not just the roof but the waste band around the back has collapsed putting the doors and windows out of alignment. The chassis is still spot on though so its not all doom and gloom. Its just sad as I loved driving it.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58082 by Dingodan
Big Sadness! Ill slow down next week and get a number and details...Might even go for a photo.
DD

More
12 years 10 months ago #58083 by dmulally

Big Sadness! Ill slow down next week and get a number and details...Might even go for a photo.
DD

Thanks mate.

Ill try this number tomorrow and see how far I get.

Yarraman Produce & Hardware
Sp 113087 Yarraman QLD 4614

Cheers

More
12 years 10 months ago #58084 by bigcam
Damo, try Prices Spare Parts at Dalby, I don't know if there is one there or not as I havn't been on the look out for any. I came accross a heap of Chevs last week same as yours but I don't think they are for sale, I'll ask next time I'm talking to the bloke. You'll find a rust free cab with out too much trouble mate, a bit of patience is all you need.

12 years 10 months ago #58085 by
Replied by on topic Re: Wanted: Chev 1100 or Blitz
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThis guy at dubbo has 3 chevs

More
12 years 10 months ago #58086 by dmulally
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

This guy at dubbo has 3 chevs

Cheers. Spoke with him but a little too rusty, sadly.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58087 by bigcam
Damo, if Prices have one it shouldn't be rusty 4662 1013

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds