Skip to main content

Wanted: American pattern 10 stud tubeless rims

More
12 years 9 months ago #59907 by InterBus
G'day gents, I'm looking for some 22.5 tubeless rims, tyres not necessary, stud piloted (i.e. with tapers on the stud holes). I want to fit 11R 22.5s on them and replace the poxy 10R 20 split rims on the bus.
Standard American pattern will do, PCD 285 mm and centre hole dia. 220mm. Grotty old steelies are fine, as long as they're still round and useable, somewhere within 200 kays of Two Wells, South Australia. And cheap!!! Cheers
Rob

Making something out of nothing since 1973

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59908 by bigcam
Rob, the Jap trucks use them as well, UD and Hino, I've got a few but I'm too far away.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59909 by Nr Mack
I have them on isuzu and new were only $180

More
12 years 9 months ago #59910 by mammoth
Which Jap makes use 285pcd (American) and which use 335pcd (Euro)???

More
12 years 9 months ago #59911 by bigcam
Interesting question Mamoth, pretty much all of them. The Japs used 285 PCD with tapered nuts earlier on, as in UD and Hino, then went to 285 PCD with flat nuts, then the newer ones are 335 PCD with flat nuts. They are really pushing to get into the european market apparently. The new Hino's have Knorr-Bremse brake systems that are modelled on Scania I've been told, and if you would like a challenge, try and find a stop light switch on a new air braked Hino.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59912 by InterBus
Bigcam, I've seen some 285pcd without the taper on the stud holes. Other than having to replace the wheel nuts, is there any other reason I couldn't use them?

Making something out of nothing since 1973

More
12 years 9 months ago #59913 by bigcam
I most definatly don't know, the 285 PCD tapered holes uses a smaller stud because they have that silly double nut arrangement on the rear. I would guess not, only that all the 285 and 335 PCD flat rims with no taper seem to use the same nuts. I would guess you would have to change the studs.
The Tapered nut rims are really easy to find, a lot of Jap stuff uses them accross all the brands, even new they are probobly well under $200 each. Best to stick with what it came out with sometimes.

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds