Skip to main content

Search Results (Searched for: )

12 Feb 2011 13:42
Replied by ronhorse on topic semi-buses, coach's?

One of our moves across the States incorporating family, goods and livestock in one unit.
12 Feb 2011 13:37

One of our moves across the States incorporating family, goods and livestock using one vehicle.
12 Feb 2011 13:29
12 Feb 2011 13:28
12 Feb 2011 13:26

I truly beleive that Australia is the only country in the world where you would see a vehicle of this configuration, a really one-of!!! To me there is always a comfortable feeling about stepping onto a bus, oops, coach, full of people going somewhere they want to go, warm feeling, bit of excitement and mutual expectation, everyone in a good mood to be going somewhere.
Thanks onetrack for puting that site on, great reading, also posting a pic of them sending you the Landliner, what did the East Coast have against W.A.?
11 Feb 2011 05:57

Either the drivers chickened out or they just decided this may be a simpler way!
11 Feb 2011 05:54
11 Feb 2011 05:52

Powered by a Mercury side valve engine with one at the back trailer axle for added power, can you imagine putting your life on the reliability of hydraulic hoses?
11 Feb 2011 05:47
11 Feb 2011 05:45
11 Feb 2011 05:42

Hey, who needs the internet, this forum has all the information you need. Being thes seems to be an interest in sem buses thought I would send this in. I have always been fasciated by semi-buses since a kid, little knowing I would be driving one when I started work. Murray Valley coach's used to pull into the hotel for lunch where my parents worked at the Barmera hotel in SA.
They were pulled by White prime movers and used to really fly, the engines were later pulled and replaced with Gardner 5 cylinder diesels, which must have given the drivers suicidle thoughts! slow and noisy. For years I have been trying to find information on the history of these vehicle but to no avail, then in the Adelaide library a guy tod me of someone who did, Greg Travers, we exchanged emails for a bit and I sent him some stuff and in exchange he sent me his book. What a wonderful job he had done, so detailed, I am posting a few of his pictures to give y'all an idea what it's like
10 Feb 2011 01:42
Replied by ronhorse on topic N.T. buses
Greenie, good question, Len tuit always corrected me if I said "bus", insisted it was not a bus but a "Coach" never explained the difference, glad the pitures were a success, every one of us has ridden a bus at one time or another, usually an event in our lives, adds a human touch.
09 Feb 2011 07:10
Yeah, Jeff, something about old buses, I think it's the human side of peoples travels, glad you liked them, wasn't sure whether to put them on, see if they stay on!! my pics get removed pretty quick, cheers Ron
09 Feb 2011 03:09

This little 1948 Bedford was the only one we bought new, just the front sheet metal and windscreen, body was built in our workshop using about 1,000 pounds of lead to fill if the gaps!! no bondo available then.
09 Feb 2011 03:05

Stanley Chasm at left at midday with the sun directly overhead, right is Simpsons gap.
Displaying 706 - 720 out of 854 results.
Time to create page: 1.255 seconds