Skip to main content

Search Results (Searched for: )

09 Feb 2011 03:03
Replied by ronhorse on topic N.T. buses

The old Reo side loader, a girl named Maureen Khun and I used to take tourists on day tours to Simpsons Gap and Stanley Chasm, providing them with morning tea at Simpsons and lunch at Stanley, She was an extremely funny girl and we used to be in histerics, usually at the poor tourists expence, terrible road out there and I would often come back on single tyres from the damage caused by the rocky road, we were both 16 at the time so everything was a big laugh.
09 Feb 2011 02:54

Caught out in the rain out bush with a group of college girls, Packard 12 seater side loader with Chev running gear and also a 4LK Gardner, this vehicle used about one gallon of fuel per hour, amazing economy, unfortunately I was too young to take advantage of this situation!!!!
09 Feb 2011 02:48

Another K5 similar named Barkley Belle on the Tennant to Isa run
09 Feb 2011 02:46

This one purchased from Annsett, a Inter KS5 which we re-engined with a 4 cylinder LK series Gardner with Fuller 5 speed, manualy operated 2 speed diff.
09 Feb 2011 02:42

This Maple Leaf we inherited when we took over Pat Cavanah's run from Tennant to Mt Isa, named it the Queenslander
09 Feb 2011 02:38
N.T. buses was created by ronhorse

I realize this forum is about trucks only but thought some might be interested in thes pictures of buses in the Territory, other than a couple of Government buses in Darwin these were the only ones in the territory, which seems a bit weird. All buses we had were purchased used, I mean REALY used, either from Annsett or Bonds Tours, this one is a KB7 blue diamond petrol engine, a lot of weight with passengers causing overheating so we took the sides of the bonnet and fashioned a scoop in front of the radiator to increase he flow of air, driver Merv Farrell standing alongside.
05 Feb 2011 07:35
Replied by ronhorse on topic date with a KB8
05 Feb 2011 07:29
date with a KB8 was created by ronhorse

Hauling Holden car bodies and parts from Adelaide to Sydney, this was a 1948 truck in 1963, it used to amuse me when I passed some trucks as the drivers just about fell out of their cabs trying to figure out what it was, often eating at a roadhouse I would see guys lifting the bonnet to have a look at the red diamond engine. I remember the year (1963) as I was hauling pipes out of Newcastle for Brisbane when I heard on the wireless that Kennedy was shot. On the subject of books, to me, this forum is far better than any book I have ever read for human and historic stories, the information is astonishing that the forum produces.
03 Feb 2011 07:19
Replied by ronhorse on topic road journal

Len Tuit with his first tour bus made from a 4 wheel drive blitz, here he is sitting on the ground texting someone.
03 Feb 2011 07:12
03 Feb 2011 07:09

From a book Bob Foster was doing on the history of Tennant Creek, Bob later ran an ABM plant putting in roads all over the territory, wrote a couple of books on it and when he was on the road.
03 Feb 2011 07:05
03 Feb 2011 07:02
03 Feb 2011 06:59
03 Feb 2011 06:57
Displaying 721 - 735 out of 854 results.
Time to create page: 1.101 seconds