Skip to main content

Search Results (Searched for: )

02 Feb 2011 03:48
Replied by ronhorse on topic taking a break
My brother and I decided to go back to the Territory and saw this ad for drivers at Womera, figured it was on the way so why not, my brother stayed there for years and got married there
02 Feb 2011 03:45
02 Feb 2011 03:43
02 Feb 2011 03:00
02 Feb 2011 02:58
taking a break was created by ronhorse
02 Feb 2011 02:54
rollin' stock was created by ronhorse

These pics are all original and if anyone wants a particular one I can email it in higher resolution to you, best wishes to all in the cyclone track, what a bummer. :(
31 Jan 2011 05:37
Replied by ronhorse on topic movin' on

When I first came to this country,in Seattle I bought this '57 heavy Chevy for $75, had a bad radiator, drove it all over the country, working here and there, left San fransisco they said you will never get over the Sierra Mountains with that heap of #%*%*, The old Chevy proved them wrong, couldn't get over 30 mph going up but flew down the other side! Going across the Bonneville salt flats it entered my mind to test the Chevy out on the salt, but thought of my wife and 3 little girls standing on the salt pan while I disapeared to a speck on the horizon wouldn't be a good idea, bit niave to take off all over the place with a family in a $75 car but everyone did it in Oz so didn't think about it, here it is on Datona Beach, must have looked like the Beverly hillbilly"s!! (probably figured where we came from)
31 Jan 2011 05:24
Replied by ronhorse on topic movin' on

I put this sign on the back of the trailer just to confuse other motorists! Actually it may have saved me a ticket, I was floating down out of the mountains in Northern California, taking advantage of the downhill, (old truck habit's never die)
I spotted a State trooper right on my back, I was doing about 85 in a 75 zone, he stayed behind me quite a while, must have decided there was something weird here, pulled out passed me saying in his bullhorn SLOW DOWN. and went on.
31 Jan 2011 05:17
movin' on was created by ronhorse

I sent this picture to a mate in Darwin, unfortunately he thought it was real and couldn't understand how the trailers stayed in line, (usual reaction to any of my jokes!) The Diamond t roadtrains, you had to go down each hill in the same gear you went up in, if you went over 20 mph the trailers started to whip.
31 Jan 2011 05:10
The South road was created by ronhorse
30 Jan 2011 05:17
Replied by ronhorse on topic wrongway towing

Typical East European rig, I was in Croatia writing a peace treaty (never happen) and saw this, got my wife to take it, knew it would immpress you guys.
30 Jan 2011 05:12

swisy, this ones for you, saw this somewhere, is that a high tech turn signal or what!!!
30 Jan 2011 05:09

Not sure if I posted this photo of our "tricked out" prime mover, what fits, fits!
30 Jan 2011 05:04
wrongway towing was created by ronhorse

As the old Gardner would not pull 3 trailers out through the Alice hills, we towed one seperately, this how you don't do it, trailer just pushed the prime mover out of the way, I was in the blitz behind to pull it back but it was as close as you can get! Len Tuit taught me how to drive doing this, always remember him saying "left knee against the gear lever, right hand on the trailer brake"
29 Jan 2011 22:25 - 14 Mar 2011 21:50
mealtime was created by ronhorse

Trying something, some years ago I wrote a bit of a journal for my kids who when they are old and feeble may read it, thought it would save limited space on my little brain, has very low gigabites!!!
Displaying 751 - 765 out of 854 results.
Time to create page: 1.342 seconds