Skip to main content

Search Results (Searched for: )

26 Jan 2011 06:06
Replied by ronhorse on topic Terminology Question?
Got your email but AOL had a problem and deleted it all, they are trying to get it back but who knows, just sitting down to read it when poof, gone, sorry about that, is it possible to send it again?
Thanks Ron (ronhorse)
25 Jan 2011 08:02
Replied by ronhorse on topic moved pictures
Thanks loadstar, nice remembering all these incidents for me, each one reminds me of another incident, seemed to be many in those days
25 Jan 2011 06:14

Peter Watts carrying Vdubs to Darwin, took the wheels off and put them sideways, me in the Foden behind, no rules!! putting these pics on to see what stays (and what goes!) Does anyone remember a bridge going into Sydney with just enough room for two semi's, if you passed one on the bridge you automatically leaned forward over the wheel as invariably the mirrors would hit and glass would come flying into the cab, of course if you had a flash truck with working windows you were alright, they were only small mirrors. The expiration date on my birth certificate is looming and this old horse will be taken to the knackers yard so if no one minds I enjoy putting little anicdotes, (truck related of course) on this forum, theres always the little arrow at the top left!
25 Jan 2011 06:00

Made the poor old girl work for a living carting out bush as well, ground a grove 1/16th inch around the ends of the axles to make them easier to get out when they broke, what a life!!!
25 Jan 2011 05:55

How would this look like on todays interstates!!! probably get run over
25 Jan 2011 05:53

American truck
Jap truck!!!
25 Jan 2011 05:50
25 Jan 2011 05:48
25 Jan 2011 05:47
moved pictures was created by ronhorse

Can't figure why pic's are moved, phoned Julian Assange, said he knew better than to mess with Oz truck sites! putting them up again to see what happens, the one of the ringer I particularly liked, it was taken by Pix magazine (scratch your heads on that one!) who came to Alice in 1950 to do an article on Len Tuit called "They built him a road" and gave us all copies of their pictures.
24 Jan 2011 12:09
Replied by ronhorse on topic Screemer powered F100 ??

Saw this Lagonda car at a show in the old country fitted with a 4LK Gardner diesel, must have been well mounted as at idle they shake like hell.
24 Jan 2011 11:49
Replied by ronhorse on topic Screemer powered F100 ??

Australia must be the only country in the world where guys have this insatiable urge to take a vehicle apart and rebuild it to their own ideas and design, is it because of the limited number of options available? or just because the government is against it, (probably!) It was my favourite thing to do so love to read of others who come up with these creative ideas, I assumed it was because growing up in the NT there was no option, not so, apparently it is in the Australian character so it is wonderful to see it is flourishing still today and that individualism reigns suppreme, This is a picture a '85 Ford 350 wrecker I had to cruise the low rent areas to pick up broken down vehicles with, with a $100 bill sticking out my top pocket it never fails! had a 6.9 International diesel in it, all Ford small trucks had the same, went to a 7.3, I also had a heavy Chevy ute with a 6.2 GM diesel, went like a scalded cat but no weight in the body of course.
22 Jan 2011 05:57
Replied by ronhorse on topic semi loading

Fords being serviced in Alice
22 Jan 2011 05:56
Replied by ronhorse on topic semi loading
Fords being serviced in Alice
22 Jan 2011 05:54
semi loading was created by ronhorse

Typical semi used by the army
22 Jan 2011 05:48
ingenuity was created by ronhorse

These cubans were trying to get from Cuba to Florida as once they set foot on U.S. soil they can stay. They were stopped and taken back, the Coast Guard, having no sence of humour and unable to appreciate the skill that had gone into this operation, sunk the truck!! it should be in a museum, they should have gone to Australia where they would have fit right in :(
Displaying 781 - 795 out of 854 results.
Time to create page: 1.046 seconds