Skip to main content

1953 3 ton Fargo Barn find

More
10 years 5 months ago #132934 by FargoMarty
Hi all, I posted a wanted ad for some parts the other day, and put up some pics of my truck but then realised this thread is where I should have introduced myself.
The truck I bought is a 1953 Fargo that's been sitting for 30 years. Has 35,000 miles and is almost completely original (except for the old bakelight light switch that serves as the ignition switch!) I'm currently building an FC Holden sedan, and the truck will be used to carry the FC for outsourced jobs such as exhaust, paint and trim.
I've attached a couple of different pics that aren't in the other post. Regards, Martyn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #132935 by Bugly
Looks nice Martyn!! Top up the oil and water, check the tyre pressures, hose off the windows, and she'll be good to go!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
10 years 5 months ago #132936 by Cunning Stunt
Nice old truck mate, different too!

Some play hard to get

More
9 years 5 months ago #132937 by FargoMarty
Hello all. Long time no update.
Work is still in progress. Plan now is to keep it standard. Have had a few minor rust issues to sort. Couldn't locate an original seat so sourced a rear seat from an L300 which fits beautifully and folds and tilts forward for access below and behind. It's a friend's place now, so I'm doing enough to get it roadworthy and registered pretty well as is, then will bring it home for a strip down and detail. Whilst trying to find badges for it I was put onto a "parts" truck in a paddock that ended up being good enough to build in its own right, and it was the 108 model I was originally after. Many thanks to my mate who found it. It's now in storage until I finish the big one. Pics attached. Will try to post a bit more frequently! Martyn

More
9 years 5 months ago #132938 by atkipete
Good progress. Can you post a photo how the L300 seat fits, I might do the same to mine.

9 years 5 months ago #132939 by
Replied by on topic Re: 1953 3 ton Fargo Barn find
Love your shed :) :) and how much weight would you have on the trailer ?? and did your car pull it ok . Dave

More
9 years 5 months ago #132940 by geoffa
Martyn,

On another thread a few days ago both IH Scout and Sarge said "We all start out with one truck, then get a second for parts and next thing we know they have started to breed like rabbits" . You are on your way and if you don't want a yard full of trucks you better keep your two apart. lol.

Geoff.

More
9 years 5 months ago #132941 by Coupeute
Well said Geoff. It tends to happen. Sometimes a whole parts jigga is cheaper than individual parts.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #132942 by Coupeute
Nice shed Marty. 8-)

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Coupeute.

More
9 years 5 months ago #132943 by geoffa
Hi Martyn,

What happened to the mechanical hand signal that is shown in the first pic on this thread but not on the later pics ?.

Geoff.

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds