Skip to main content

Intro and RFW

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #26922 by disco
Intro and RFW was created by disco
G'day all, now that the Mack Muster is over for another 2 years, I thought it time to introduce my self to the good people in forum land,I reside in Geelong Vic and for daytime enjoyment I drive a Mack superliner heavy haulage tow truck which keeps me out of the pub, my job is never boring :) , apart from the passion I have for Macks and Inters, I have a passion for RFW's and have 1 that will be restored. She's an x Frigmobile job, Job no 70 chassis no653gm62070 origanlly built for Dave Patman (frigmobile subby).The 1 thing I'm finding the hardest is trying to locate is RP fridge pan for it.

Also have a CL Valiant ute that is under going restofication at present, will be moving rfw into shed in May when I start holidays, been collecting the missing bits to make resto easier ::) ::)

)
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by disco.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26923 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Intro and RFW
That RFW will be some truck when back on the black Disco, good luck and keep the pics coming....

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26924 by disco
Replied by disco on topic Re: Intro and RFW
Will do, the chassis the thing that worrys me the most, but with a bit of aussie ingunety and help from Jack Daniels we should have it licked ;) ;) ::)

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26925 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Intro and RFW
Hi Disco and welcome. Some great advice and stories on here (not all are 'tall'.....). I love the RFW, it will be unique and an amazing piece of Aussie engineering. Just curious, was it a primemover or rigid and what was the running gear?

Cheers

Bruce

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26926 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Intro and RFW
Hi Disco, looks like a couple of hour in front of you there mate.I vaugely remember seeing an ad in an old Truck and Bus with a Fridgemobile truck in it, 335 Cummins I think. There is one at Beenliegh Truck Wreckers, but it had been moved around the yard last time I was there. There is a bloke on Fraser that has wrecked a couple too, they where 6 X 6's though, and would be cactus if only because of the location. Here's a pic of the one at Beenliegh.

14 years 4 weeks ago #26927 by
Replied by on topic Re: Intro and RFW
Good on ya Disco - enjoy the RFW . If you stay around here long enough Swishy will give you enough advice on Dulux paint colours - all one hundred shades of WHITE , and , a few others will be rude enough to be pushing the colour WHITE constantly . But beware , there are far too many shades of Grey out there that are best , well , left to their own British Bulldogs ?
Cheers Disco :D

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26928 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Intro and RFW

Disco
GuddayM8

Nice project

Looks like RFW failed on the chassis n rust dept
but duz look a solid truck

can remember back bout 1975 I called into RFW n they did offer a writen quote th@ I stihl have in my filing cabinet
may B Qote n pamflet collectable to
but we chose to go with the KW producthttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:XaFJyRLnmM6fQM

Q:? Will it B ready for Colac 2012

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26929 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: Intro and RFW
Looks a bit like a early AACO cab

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26930 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Intro and RFW
Great project Disco, certainly a challenging one and important that trucks like these survive. The cab looks a bit AACO ish but maybe wider, Is the front part fibreglass ?

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26931 by disco
Replied by disco on topic Re: Intro and RFW
Thank,s guys for the welcome and encouragement, Bruce specs are rigid 6x2 perma trac suspension, 653 GM ( I can hear swishy getting excited already) 10 speed r/r, front of cab is f/glass, :) now to get deadly excited its got a bedford 2 speed diff ::) ::)

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds