Skip to main content

54 Bedford heading south...to me!

More
13 years 11 months ago #28142 by cribotow
This is the 54 A model,much more attractive than the J model i think,saw it, had to have it, will partner the J1 nicely ;D

&&Grasp

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #28143 by
There was one advertised here in the Swan Valley last year .. supposed to have a genuine 7,500 miles on it. The advertiser wanted $5000 for it. I dunno if it sold or not. It was advertised as a TA? Dunno much about the model numbers in the Bedfords in that era.

More
13 years 11 months ago #28144 by atkipete
Great find Cribby, what are the lights on the mudguards ?

More
13 years 11 months ago #28145 by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman
Yes, Cribby, much nicer than a J model. I have a J2 but don't list it in my sig below as I'm giving it to TAFE NSW to restore for Mt Druitt to fix up as a TAFE Truck. Will do before & after shots in the future.
Yours looks pretty clean. Good luck.

Kind Regards

More
13 years 11 months ago #28146 by Sarge
a very nice find Cribby, they have a nice style,
but how will you get them all to Alice, you will need a semi or B double next. :D

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
13 years 11 months ago #28147 by mammoth
the A series replaced the old pre war style K,M.& O models. The D series followed but looked pretty much the same, then the J series (or TJ depending on who you are talking to) as in J0, J1, J3 etc. Interestingly the cab over series which came in was more often called the TK even tho the models were KE, KG, KH etc nothing like being inconsistent.

13 years 11 months ago #28148 by
If any one comes across a QL I will get the moths out of the wallet .
Now Criby thats a get p/up mate they have sex appeal those trucks . Dave :D ;)

13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #28149 by
I've always known the one pictured above as the A series .. yet I find them being referred to as TA's as well?
Was "T" the primary model letter all through, for the trucks? .. but it just got left off, half the time??? .. :-?
You can really see the Chevy styling influence in those "A's".. :)

More
13 years 11 months ago #28150 by atkipete
Anyone got a photo of a TD Bedford, as per the TA but with a chrome bar across the top of the grille. ??

13 years 11 months ago #28151 by
Pete - There's one on this following page, but not a really good shot .. they must be a pretty rare, short-lived model?? ..

ccmv.fotopic.net/c1574233.html

It looks like the Wikipedia Bedford section needs cleaning up .. half the contributors to the Bedford section on there, haven't got a clue what they're looking at ..

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Bedford_trucks

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds