Skip to main content

semi-buses, coach's?

More
13 years 2 months ago #45577 by ronhorse

Hey, who needs the internet, this forum has all the information you need. Being thes seems to be an interest in sem buses thought I would send this in. I have always been fasciated by semi-buses since a kid, little knowing I would be driving one when I started work. Murray Valley coach's used to pull into the hotel for lunch where my parents worked at the Barmera hotel in SA.
They were pulled by White prime movers and used to really fly, the engines were later pulled and replaced with Gardner 5 cylinder diesels, which must have given the drivers suicidle thoughts! slow and noisy. For years I have been trying to find information on the history of these vehicle but to no avail, then in the Adelaide library a guy tod me of someone who did, Greg Travers, we exchanged emails for a bit and I sent him some stuff and in exchange he sent me his book. What a wonderful job he had done, so detailed, I am posting a few of his pictures to give y'all an idea what it's like

anything above the reasoning of a mongrel dog is a waste of time

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #45578 by ronhorse
Replied by ronhorse on topic Re: semi-buses, coach's?

More
13 years 2 months ago #45579 by ronhorse

More
13 years 2 months ago #45580 by ronhorse

Powered by a Mercury side valve engine with one at the back trailer axle for added power, can you imagine putting your life on the reliability of hydraulic hoses?

More
13 years 2 months ago #45581 by ronhorse

More
13 years 2 months ago #45582 by ronhorse

Either the drivers chickened out or they just decided this may be a simpler way!

More
13 years 2 months ago #45583 by Loadstar
Replied by Loadstar on topic Re: semi-buses, coach's?
Ronhorse, as usual fantastic photo's and information, would be sad to lose all this, please keep it up, as you can see there are a lot of people that appreciate it. :)

More
13 years 2 months ago #45584 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: semi-buses, coach's?
Great photos Ron, there is a book out about Murray Valley Coachlines, have you read it ?

More
13 years 2 months ago #45585 by Daninmky
Replied by Daninmky on topic Re: semi-buses, coach's?
These are great looking buses, I have not seen any restored and are there any of these things hanging around for restoration.
Its my partners dream to rebuild a bus and since she seen these she has fallen in love with them and wants one ::)

2 Blondes Walked into a Building.......neither of them seen it.....BOOM  BOOM!!!&&A blo

More
13 years 2 months ago #45586 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: semi-buses, coach's?
Ronhorse, once again just saying the same as everyone else- please keep it up! Your photos and stories are fantastic, and really add life to the forum.
I'm so glad you can get this stuff posted. Thanks again!
Cheers
Richard

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds