Skip to main content

What is or was your job ?

More
12 years 10 months ago #55630 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: What is or was your job ?
Some good storys coming out here...
Appreciate the time you blokes are taking, putting them together...
keep em comin!
Certainly a depth of talent there!
thanks again
chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #55631 by
Replied by on topic Re: What is or was your job ?
Wasn't going to put my information up as it isn't really truck related! :) But oh well everyone else has! :-/

After High school attended 6 years at Swinburne doing Electronics, Computer Software, Computer Hardware and Instrumentation. Then moved on to work for a large multi-National company as a Computer Network Administrator. This only lasted for about a year as was just to strees full. Moved on to a Software Development Company for the next 10 years as again a Network Administrator but also did customer support role of the companies product with many large organisations. This involved much travel Interstate to customer sites. Near the end of this period I also did a couple of years computer programming for a product which I co-wrote and suppervised its Beta Test in Canada. I then moved on to my current employeer which is another Software Devlopment company for the last 12 months which I'm working as a Software Consultant for installation and configuration of a web distrubted application.

For a more appropriate description of me for this topic in relation to this website. I have been a member of the Melbourne Steam Traction Engine Club since about 1991. In about 1996 or 1997 I purchased my first truck the Thornycroft Trusty (having just gained my HR licence). In 1998 the Thornycroft attended the first HCVC truck show after mechincal repairs and I joined the club around the same time. The second truck the International AB was purchased in late 2002. And the most recent the 2150B ACCO early 2010 as well as my HC licence in mid 2010 along with the purchase of the strap trailer.

Have worked on many different types of vehicles over the years. Everything from Miniture steam Engines through to Steam rollers, traction engines and Steam Trucks. Even operate a 25 ton Ploughing Engine when required. Locomotives have operated from 3.5" gauge through to 5ft3in main line. (including 12", 18" and 2ft gauge) (steam and diesel).

So while my full time occupation is Computers. My Hobby is vintage equipment. My futures ..... who knows maybe trucks? :D

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #55632 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: What is or was your job ?
Good on ya JB...
Didn't need to be truck related for this topic..
Interesting to see all the different jobs and careers that we have between us..

keep em comin
chocs 8-)

More
12 years 10 months ago #55633 by Hank the Truck
Been in the RAAF for 21 years, Avionics Technician, working on P3 Orions.

Looking for a change of pace, currently going through recruitment as a Locomotive Driver here in SA.

Most satisfying job, being a dad, and now being Hanks Driver, something I just dont get enough seat time.....

More
12 years 10 months ago #55634 by geoffb
Awaiting for Swishy
Reckon he was once an ONGLISH teacher

• Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #55635 by
Geoffb - No, I've seen Swishy's CV, and it clearly states, that he's the original inventor of MANGLISH .... (mangled English) .... ;D ;D

• Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #55636 by

Been in the RAAF for 21 years, Avionics Technician, working on P3 Orions.

Looking for a change of pace, currently going through recruitment as a Locomotive Driver here in SA.

Most satisfying job, being a dad, and now being Hanks Driver, something I just dont get enough seat time.....

Top Effort :)

More
12 years 10 months ago #55637 by dunk
Replied by dunk on topic Re: What is or was your job ?
ok well did an apprenticeship in landscape gardening finished that could not leave quick enough to go driving trucks as a kid used to go every school holidays with my uncle in his truck must of got the bug there started at Vaughan tpt worked for a few different mobs

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 10 months ago #55638 by Swishy

eye'll haz U kno
in a previous life
B 4 I woke up

I set up n ran the dik shon hairy n spl chekr fir Bill Gates Microsoft
LOL
Sew airknee werdz U kneadn spld proper jist let me kno

me n Bill iz jist like th@ X

WotSayU

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 10 months ago #55639 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: What is or was your job ?
Swishter ... you must confuse the hell out of the tax man! ;)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds