Skip to main content

Some old Mercury Transport pic's....

More
15 years 7 months ago #4815 by Andy Wright
Ray's going to post a new thread containing an excerpt from his book along with details for buying it shortly. I won't steal his thunder re what his plans are.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4816 by kangaroo 1
Thanks Swishy wont tell em what I call ya
Sarge and any one interested
I wrote my life story one of the early boys late 1940's and 50's that was there at the beginning we made it happen with trucks not meant for this tough country of ours.
It was a tough time and all new. Every trip was an adventure could we get there. The hardst was Perth from the eastern states a gravel track from Pt. Augusta to Norseman. I did it all, and had many funny things happen to me and my mates. The driver of to day could not imagine what we went through to deliver the goods.
Some went broke some like me ended up on the "most wanted list"
took them 12 tyears to catch me, but they did. Spent one night in Seymour jail and talked my way out anyway 77 next month not too well but had a wonderful life.
I have some books left and expect a compo payment this November
so any money from book and that payment will be into a trust fund to help educate kids from families that lost their Dad on the road.
Maybe we can help just a couple of kids and Mum, everything is so expensive to day. The cost of book will be reasonably cheap because postage is so damn expensive. Will advise book cost when I work out postage if anyone interested.
I can guantee you will have a laugh and wonder how we did itl Ray

More
15 years 7 months ago #4817 by kangaroo 1
Thanks Andy for the intro and I wll try and get werkhorse to post a story from book as i am hopeless he sats they end up in Outer Mongolia haha Ray

More
15 years 7 months ago #4818 by werkhorse
Well i can say it's a bloody good read i've got a signed copy that i've read ..........well......... i've lost count of the times i've read it cover to cover a DEFINATE read for those interested in early trucking

No cash was tendered for this comment it's the honest to god truth 8-)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
15 years 7 months ago #4819 by Andy Wright
No cash for this comment either. I've read the book several times as well but not in order. I just dipped in and out of all the different stories so I've never read it in order. The photos are great and if you love old driving stories (you wouldn't be here if you didn't), Ray's book will put you in seventh heaven. :)

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds