Skip to main content

KM SERIES BEDFORD

• Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #57197 by
Replied by on topic Re: KM SERIES BEDFORD
Roger that learner, thanks ;) would he have brought that of sean denny? was on ebay?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #57198 by The Learner
Replied by The Learner on topic Re: KM SERIES BEDFORD
na not ebay assessor he remembered seeing it many years ago found it and brought out of a paddock out gippsland somewhere

You learn something new every day

More
12 years 10 months ago #57199 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: KM SERIES BEDFORD
Adam, not exactly Budd mate, Budd is 285 PCD, and European is 335 PCD. I learnt something by chance a few months ago. We bought a Mitsubishi Single drive prime mover to replace the one that didn't pass the water fording test in January. The truck had Mercedes Benz wheels, nuts and tapered collers, 10.00 X 20 on the steer, and tubless 11R22.5 on the drive with the flat washer nuts, I put tubeless on the steer, and the tapered nuts and flat washer nuts are the same thread, which makes the tapered nut wheel rims interchangable with the flat ones as long as you change the nuts as well. Considering this is a Jap truck that had European nuts, I would guess most are interchangeable.

• Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #57200 by
Yeah sorry BC I call em all budds, but i reckoned it was euro by the size of the centre, but its good to know for sure, now whats that you say? you cut one up to get the motor :D

More
12 years 10 months ago #57201 by bigcam
Adam, I think you'll find that was a chap from down your way that may have cut one up, My Diamond came with a 6V53 alreaddy fitted. I quite like them actually. I came across an 8X4 RFW with a 6V53 recently, unfortunatly it has been carting super, and the chassis is very sad.

• Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #57202 by
Roger that BC, i knew you were a nice man ;) any picckys of the RFW?

More
12 years 10 months ago #57203 by craigs
Replied by craigs on topic Re: KM SERIES BEDFORD
Adam
They were the loudest truck I have heard at IPEC. I think there were four of them doing MEL/ADL/Pt. AUGUSTA with perth containers. Kept on pulling the power lines down at IPEC in Brunswick. Always had the second container as well. Big power back then.

• Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #57204 by
Roger that "craigs" thanks for that mate

More
12 years 10 months ago #57205 by bigcam
Adam, I wasn't joking about the chassis, it is completly knackered.

This old Datsun 260C that was there is a better proposition, came from a deceased estate, very origonal, $2,500. Im still trying to talk myself out of it.

• Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #57206 by
Thanks for the pix BC, you would look good in the datsun ;)

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds